What's new

Hot Carnuba Wax application on IBA

robblackburn

Reaction score
If you attended the car wash show this week then you had to notice all of he new carnauba wax application systems for tunnel operators. I see no reason that this cannot also be fitted for an IBA. I am specifically looking to install on the water wizard and wanting to know if anyone has tried. I think the hot carnauba wax is a great way to raise prices and really puts on a great show. It also really makes the vehicle surface super slick just like a good hand wax.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Ryko has a retro-kit for their systems so does Oasis Car Wash systems I cannot see why Coleman wouldn't be far behind on a kit for the Water Wizard

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Dave Clark retrofitted a WW 1.0 with a low pressure Rain X arch of some sort. He used to spend more time on the ACF but I know he has full plans and techniques for doing this because he shared them with me. Dave, are you out there?

soapy

Reaction score
The hot carnuba wax application is similar to many other foam sheet units at the show this year. It differs from a Rain X application that is sprayed on. MOst of the new products used a foam generator placed above a long flat sheet of plastic. As the foam hits the plastic it creates a wall of foam and hits the car like a sheet being laid over the car. Blue coral was selling theirs for a tunnel for $4,000. NOt sure of the prices of other companies. The whole thing could be mounted on a IBA. I thought IBA mfg. might have on at the show but did not see anything.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Why is it necessary to attach a special device on an in-bay automatic to apply this product?

While it may not be possible to create a bed of “lava” effect, in-bays do have the capability to create foam and some lights could easily be mounted to gantry to create “glow” effect.

So, if the in-bay carwash process has five functions, what is to stop an operator from using this product during the wax cycle?

After all, hot wax and shine has no special chemistry besides actually containing a miniscule amount of organic wax that is imparted to surface.

In other words, the protection that carwash operators sell motorists in a wash-bay is the modification of surfaces by the manipulation of the electrical charge on surfaces.

If I am missing something, would someone please enlighten me?

soapy

Reaction score
RR is right that you are not really providing anything more with the sheet effect of a hot wax. You can do the same thing with trifaom, rain x etc. It is the visual perception that it creates that is different. On my trifoam application I have colored lights that come on and strobe during the application but it not the same visual effect. One other thing I forgot to mention about the sheet effect is that after the application the foam will continue to run down the the plastic for a while. This would make it hard to get a good rinse on a IBA if it is still dripping as it the IBA rolls over the car doing a rinse. SOme type of rinse would need to be provided on the plastic sheet that keeps the foam spread out into a sheet pattern.

wasiknator

Mike W
Reaction score
Tri foam arch for WW

I am working on an arch to mount on the WW 1.0. Going to use a PVC pipe and drill holes in it. Based on a chemical company I saw at ICA, the colors will come out in an even fashion. Red on one end, splice the pipe and have yellow in middle and blue on the other end.

Going to try it just from an arch and from a combo of an arch and the sides. Using a poly tube T to divert the tri foam to both areas.

Will post how it works.

MEP001

Reaction score
A rainbow foam arch, that's a good idea.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
You could add a strip of led lights with it to make it make "glow". Show us some pics when you get it going. Good idea.

Reds

Reaction score
Couldn't you use it on the JC factory installed triple foam system? That's multi color, and if you don't have it on your existing WW you could probably have it retro fitted.

BBE

Reaction score
Mike, any updates on how this worked out for you? It's a great idea.