What's new

Hopper problems

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Good morning, here recently within the last three months I've had two two separate hoppers jam. One hopper is model HSH-Q and the second model HSH-N. I have four hoppers. I replaced the motor in all of these and the new style coin switch. Now only two have jammed at the top of the quarter wheel just after the open space for the quarter to drop out to the customer. So when it's jammed you will see a quarter between the wheel are in the black housing. I don't know if it had anything to do when I replace the motor on both and I did wrong versus the other two. If anybody has a suggestion what could cause the problem for these two hoppers. I called Hamilton a while back and talk to tech support and for some odd reason he said to replace the hopper with another one and I didn't understand that. Is there a certain distance from the quarter wheel black mounting plate. I guess maybe I was just lucky that two of the four work fine that means now I have no emergency spare if something goes wrong with the first two. Thanks for any help you can give me. Fred

MEP001

Reaction score
You may not have the wheel adjusted properly. Did you use a micrometer to set the wheel hub to spec?

HSH-N is a hopper with a nickel wheel. I hope someone has replaced the wheel with a quarter one.

Kevin James

Reaction score
You may not have the wheel adjusted properly. Did you use a micrometer to set the wheel hub to spec?

HSH-N is a hopper with a nickel wheel. I hope someone has replaced the wheel with a quarter one.
Please explain. How do you use a micrometer to set the wheel hub? What is the Spec of the Wheel? I don’t understand

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't remember, I have my own technique that gets the right friction on the wheel, but there's a particular way they do it.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Just removed the quarter wheel from the HSH-N. It must have been done buy the company
I bought it from in 2011.