What's new

Hoping for help troubleshooting an IVS fragrance vac

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a used IVS fragrance vac, 2007 model, and its been sitting around for a few years. I finally installed it, and the vacuum part works fine, but I cant get the fragrance to work. The system looks more complex than the coleman ones I'm used to. Everything turns on, the air, the solenoids, and that big stacked pump thing, but it's not drawing up or pumping the fragrance. Any tips on how to verify if the pump is good or bad, or if there is a way to clean out the pump (a new one costs like $450, so I don't want to just take a crap shoot). Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, John

APW

Reaction score
I have 2009 IVS and had to replace the tubing inside the peristaltic pumps. Should be three of them tie strapped and bolted together. While your doing it do yourself a favor and replace the tubing from the solution tanks to the pumps. The tubing dry rots. I've also had to replace the solenoids the solution goes through. You can get the tubing kits from kleenrite.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can eliminate the peristaltic pump by using a Fragramatics gun and hose instead. The IVS units are ridiculously overcomplicated and will give you lots of problems if you keep the pump.

doublj70

Reaction score
Wow, that sounds interesting! So you would just have tubes go from the fragrance reservoirs to the input of the solenoids then hook the tubes from the fragramatics gun to the output of solenoids? And that's it? Thanks for the great suggestion!

RAATCB

Reaction score
Can you explain how to hook it up without using the pump? I have a IVS fragrance and carpet shampoo machine and the pump is still working, but for the future I would be great to remove It.

Which fragramatics gun?

Etowah