What's new

Hoping for help troubleshooting a Jim Coleman self serve tri foam conditioner unit.

Etowah

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Jim Coleman self serve tri foam conditioner system that I have had in use for like 15 years, with very few problems. Yesterday I found it not working. the controller has power and when you select it in the bay, that bay lights up on the controller, but the procon pump motor doesn't come on. The procon pump motor does come on and sounds fine if I manually push down the contactor. So it seems like the coil that turns on the contactor isn't working or not getting power. I don't have the wiring diagram, so I'm not sure it the controller powers the contactor coil or if there is a relay or something in between. Has anyone had this problem? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm running a wash where the controller has failed and been bypassed. Just order an IDX MX-8 or something equivalent, run the trifoam wires to its inputs along with a common, supply it with 120V AC and run that to the contactor.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
If memory serves, JCC used Omron Programmable Logic Relays with the outputs powering ice cube relays for the motor contactor.
The PLR might be "mentally" locked up. Try cycling power to the PLR.