What's new

Homemade rain/rinse bar

bigleo48

Reaction score
It really depends on your pump and volume. That will determine how much water you can dispense and so the size and amount of holes.

With mine, I use a 3/4" pvc pipe with 1/8" holes every inch or so.

carnut2

Express Exterior
Reaction score
It really depends on your pump and volume. That will determine how much water you can dispense and so the size and amount of holes.

With mine, I use a 3/4" pvc pipe with 1/8" holes every inch or so.
Thanks, I should have noted we will be using low pressure (90lbs) fresh rinse water.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I also used 3/4" pvc on one I made, I put a 45 on the ends with a 8" piece of pvc also 1/8" holes in that for a little bit more side shot. I used 2-3/4" lines into the spray bar. Worked pretty good. Still took out my express and put in an automatic and have not looked back!! best 1 1/2 years I've owned place!!! washing more cars less headache's.

sudsurfer

Reaction score
I also used 3/4" pvc on one I made, I put a 45 on the ends with a 8" piece of pvc also 1/8" holes in that for a little bit more side shot. I used 2-3/4" lines into the spray bar. Worked pretty good. Still took out my express and put in an automatic and have not looked back!! best 1 1/2 years I've owned place!!! washing more cars less headache's.
wondering what you meant by 2-3/4" lines. is that the water lines feeding the bar?

pgrzes

Reaction score
wondering what you meant by 2-3/4" lines. is that the water lines feeding the bar?
Yes correct I have a 4" main coming into my facility, just water volume has never been a problem. I have 2 3/4" supply lines going to each rain arch.