What's new

Homemade equiptment

Wally

Reaction score
On the thread "Gravity feed to city pressure". Softsuds was talking about building his own ss equiptment. I posted some pictures of the equipment I built a few years ago.

Randy

Reaction score
I saw that Wally. Looks pretty nice.

mac

Reaction score
Basically you can build any of this stuff yourself. None of it is rocket science. IMO there are only a few reasons to do this. !. Some people just like to do it. Can't argue with that. I sometimes build things instead on buying them, like storage sheds or speciality items. 2. You can't get it easily. In that case a DIY project makes a lot of sense. 3. You're trying to kill time so that the wife doesn't give you other things to do. I've done that too. Those are about the only reasons I can come up with. There are some really good deals out there on used equipment. Ebay has some and sometimes Craig's list has them. Sometimes a local distributor will salvage things from an upgrade. My main criteria on building things is that it look at least as good as a factory job.

Wally

Reaction score
I agree Mac, sometimes you just feel challenged. One of the things you didn't cover in your reasons to build your own is to save some money. I saved quite a bit. I already had two six bay washes with Livingston equipment so I knew I liked the set up and I copied it and changed to 530 pumps. I didn't have the luxury of looking on e-bay or craigs list back then, Bill Clinton hadn't invented the internet.