What's new

Holiday Promotion

Etowah

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
A longstanding recommendation that bears repeating this tine of year, especially given the current economic challenges. It deals with creating awareness of your car wash facility and provides a notable landmark as its location.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend turning your attention towards making your facility a holiday wonderland, replete with tons of lights; blinking lights, colored lights, racing lights. Get the idea? You need to over do it, a la Clark Griswald! Create a holiday landmark worthy of family drive-by tours, local TV coverage, newspaper photo ops; the works!:D

If you can, add music... and make everyone's visit an event. Candy canes for the kids, warm cider for adults, tasty gingerbread men decked out in the car wash uniform & name for everyone!:)

Take a page out of Walt Disney's book... and run with it.;)

Your promotion is limited only by your imagination. Create some excitement.

The reward: community awareness of your location, and the benevolence Associated with wishing all a safe, and happy holiday season. In tough times, people enjoy taking a moment to push their troubles aside for an emotional visit to better times and fond memories of childhood holidays. And when people feel good, they spend more, even when it's a stretch.

It's worked for me often, and for clients that catch the holiday spirit... and recognize the opportunities made available by the emotional experience shared.

Anybody else found this to be true?

How have you captured and harnessed the holiday spirit in the past... and what do you suggest to others? Tis the season for... sharing!:rolleyes:

-Steve

P

Patrick H. Crowe

That approach is O.K. but limited. I did most of the "decorative" things you mention but to stop there shows a very limited notin of the genuine & authentic Christmas spirit - - as we all know, right?

Add to that a large banner explaining that free car washes for life can be obtained by donating canned goods to a nearby food pantry - - many are now out of food or nearly so.

The Corporal Works of Mery include "Feed the Hungry" Why not have the car washes of America be more known for that than for music & decorations?

Patrick H. Crowe

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have begun decorating and will really kick it into gear this weekend.

I'm also doing a Midnight Madness Promtion on Sat. the 13th. This is in conjunction with several other local businesses, who will advertise and do this together . We will stay open 6pm-midnight and add more savings as it gets later at night.

I'm also offering great carwash book discounts as suggested by members of this forum.

I will take this opportunity to also launch my express detail packages, which are brand new at my facility!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
What do you think about giving coupons for free wash(es) to people you otherwise give other gifts to such as the postman, newspaper delivery person, teachers etc.?

Etowah