What's new

Hog Daddy foam brush

soapy

Reaction score
I just ordered a few of the new Hog Daddy foam brushes. Here is a picture of them next to a Erie Monster Hair. The darker brush is the hog daddy and it feels and looks like the brush material is much more dense on them. Cheaper than the Erie brushes also. IMG_4399.JPG

soapy

Reaction score
Metal heads with powder coated metal and they screw in just like the Erie foam brush heads with 1/2 inch threads.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I or
Metal heads with powder coated metal and they screw in just like the Erie foam brush heads with 1/2 inch threads.
I ordered 3 of their Hogs hair truck brushes, & took ALL kinds of adapters etc. PITA

How much are these 2? So, they are both a perfect fit? Which do you like better,& is the Hog Daddy real hogs hair?
Thanks Soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Yes Hog daddy are real hogs hair. No adapters needed for them. I had good luck with the plastic head synthetic bristle brushes overall. They did tend to smoosh like Greg P said but they cleaned well and were half the price of hogs hair. But you did have to modify them with a brass bushing to make them fit like a regular brush.

MEP001

Reaction score
I tried one of the synthetic ones, and it got so smooshed and matted after two months I had to replace it.

I found a Universal brand hogs hair brush sitting on a vac island about a year ago and had to use it in a bay a couple weeks ago. They used to be absolute garbage with half the bristles falling out or breaking off in the first few days, but this one actually seems to be holding up fine.

Is there a rubber bumper on the Hog Daddy with the backing powder coated to match it, or is it all metal?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Yes Hog daddy are real hogs hair. No adapters needed for them. I had good luck with the plastic head synthetic bristle brushes overall. They did tend to smoosh like Greg P said but they cleaned well and were half the price of hogs hair. But you did have to modify them with a brass bushing to make them fit like a regular brush.
Yeah and I'm getting tired of the adaptors and how the side bristles get smooshed from being in the holders. Might try the Hog Daddy

John T

Reaction score
I tried one of the synthetic ones, and it got so smooshed and matted after two months I had to replace it.

I found a Universal brand hogs hair brush sitting on a vac island about a year ago and had to use it in a bay a couple weeks ago. They used to be absolute garbage with half the bristles falling out or breaking off in the first few days, but this one actually seems to be holding up fine.

Is there a rubber bumper on the Hog Daddy with the backing powder coated to match it, or is it all metal?
Yes they have rubber bumpers that are the same color as the powder coated head.
IMG_9898.jpg

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Installed them the other day along with the pipe brushes from Harbor Freight. They foam much better - like the shaving cream I was looking to achieve. I did notice that a lot of foam comes out of the brush where the bristles exit the head.

I like them and will use them for the time being. Not sure if they're 2x better than the other brushes I was using.

washnshine

Reaction score
Can you get these with the larger threads to thread onto a wooden handle for a prep brush?

Car-Shine

Reaction score
I replaced my brushes with these 6 months ago and love them. Highly recommend.