What's new

Hiring a Person

BenBranam

Reaction score
Where have you gotten the best results hiring someone for a car wash? I'm looking for someone and hoping some of you would have some great advice.

Thanks,

washnshine

Reaction score
Are you thinking a line worker in a tunnel, or someone to clean up self serve bays? I ask because for the later, a retiree looking for a few hours a day seems to be a good fit. That age bracket, however, seems to be less prevalent in prepping/working in a tunnel.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Are you thinking a line worker in a tunnel, or someone to clean up self serve bays? I ask because for the later, a retiree looking for a few hours a day seems to be a good fit. That age bracket, however, seems to be less prevalent in prepping/working in a tunnel.
Pretty much that. Retired healthy guys areperfect for the self serv side. I’ll likely be using college kids for my new EE. There’s a fairly large Univ 1 mile away. Maybe I can pull a few from the engineering program .lol

celica

Reaction score
I had a senior fellow who walked by my wash every day. I started a conversation with him and the rest is history. He worked for me for 7 years. Best worker I ever had. Seniors are the most reliable, don't spend their day glued to their phone and are usually the most honest people out there. They actually enjoy getting out of their apartment and coming to work to meet customers. Me, after 25 years hate the public.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
The retired self-serve employee has been a boon for us. We have two guys working for us in their 80s, one 86, the other 82. The 82-year-old is also mechanical, which is a major plus. We also have a 77 year-old as well.

Most of our help has come through networking.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Our current employee was a vocational school instructor (auto mechanics), looking for some additional work. Older guy, very methodical and treats the place like he’s the owner.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I use retired usps custodian to closeup. My wash is attended from 9 am to 5 pm then we close up @ 7PM

BenBranam

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm actually looking for a counter sales person inside the show room. Good ideas for the others.

STXCW

Reaction score
We use Indeed, its ok but you have to constantly filter through the resumes and reject the ones that don't match in order to stop receiving more that are similar.