What's new

high pressure water regulator

carwash1970

Reaction score
Changed my water regulator on one of my bay pumps yesterday b/c it was losing pressure and vibrating. Put the new one on and the pressure is good but the vibration is worse. The vibration starts when the pump turns on but after the trigger on the wand is pulled it stops but starts back up after they let go of the wand trigger. Has anyone had this problem and have any suggestions to cure this problem?

carwash1970

lgriffin

7ssbays&2IBA
Reaction score
I had a problem like this in one of my ss bays. i had to end up rebuilding the pump.

bigleo48

Reaction score
What's the make and model of pump and unloader?

Pressure issue with unloader was likely a bad 'O'Ring.

Pulsing issue is likely the pump valves...could be the 'O' rings for the valves. Also check that the sleeves are not washed out (not smooth).

BigLeo

MEP001

Reaction score
Your regulator could also have lost an o-ring into the pump. Pull the valves out and look inside them.

oleshep

Senior
Reaction score
It sounds like your pump is starving for water.Before you take your pump apart, check your water input first. Including your check valve if there is one in the water input. I had the same problem and it was a clogged fitting on the input line.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
could you have a leak in a hose that is allowing air in or even the hose itself collapsing? I have had two situations similar....one where the main supply hose from the tank feeding the pump...the inside of the hose which was old actually collapsed on itself which basically starved the pump and caused a similar situation ... another time I had a soap line that had a pinhole in it that sucked in air (my set up pulls soap in by venturi effect when the solenoid opens and high pressure is used).