What's new

High pressure washer suggestion

Daco

Reaction score
First of all A big thanks to all for allowing me to join, this is my first post here, hopefully I can learn a lot from reading all the information available. So, I'm starting my own business in which I have started a Men operated car wash (4 bays) and also (2 undercarriage car wash bays) each with an underground 8lbs capacity hydraulic lift, specific for undercarriage wash and coating. I'm a complete newbie in this business but also a fast learner.(I think 🤔), I'm looking for 2 high pressure washer for the undercarriage part, from researching the web I have found that CAT pumps are solid, I have my eyes on the cat 310 but I can't find an online dealer that sells it as a kit pump/motor/pulleys etc. Is this model available with auto start/stop function? Or is there another pump better suited for the job? I also found this with a motor attached to it, is this a good buy? Or the CAT310, I have 3phase and 230v available, any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Look for used car wash equipment. Someone just posted a couple pump stands in the for sale section that you could just wire and plumb water.

You'd have to build or buy an auto-start system. They're simple in operation, uses the same motor contactor system but includes an off-delay timer, and you would add a flow-actuation switch on the pump outlet. Pulling the gun trigger turns on the pump.

Daco

Reaction score
Look for used car wash equipment. Someone just posted a couple pump stands in the for sale section that you could just wire and plumb water.

You'd have to build or buy an auto-start system. They're simple in operation, uses the same motor contactor system but includes an off-delay timer, and you would add a flow-actuation switch on the pump outlet. Pulling the gun trigger turns on the pump.
Thanks for the info, going to keep my eyes open for used gear, will either of those pumps work appropriately for my needs, which would be better last longer, quieter, less trouble, a CAT 310 w pulleys/motor or one of those CAT direct drive pump/motor combo?

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't like direct drive setups because they tend to be louder and some of the setups can be more expensive. If I had to go with direct drive, I'd use the type with a Lovejoy coupler instead of the more compact ones with a hollow shaft motor. Those motors are almost twice as expensive. IMO the only advantage is that they take up less space. Belt drive is cheap, reliable, and parts are far more common.

Cat 310 and 5CP2120W are by far the most common in car washes, and rebuilding them takes the same parts except for one o-ring.

Daco

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer, much appreciated info. I see those cat 310 for around 700+ dollars, I would need the accessories, pulleys,belts, rails, regulator and the auto start/stop,motor etc. Is there a website I can find all in one place or even a kit, or do I need to source most of it separately ? I can find cat pumps online but no suggestions for motors, where do I find motors for such pump.

MEP001

Reaction score
kleen-ritecorp.com has everything, and I doubt you'll get a better price. I still recommend buying a couple used stands since you should be able to get everything you need for possibly $1000 plus shipping. One new pump with mounting kit will be around $900 with tax and shipping. Cat part # 30659 contains everything you need to mount a 310 or a 5CP2120W. A 182T 3HP motor will drive it unless you need more than about 1500 PSI, in which case you'd need a 184T 5HP motor. I use Baldor EMH3211T.