What's new

High pressure soap problems, HELP!

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't see how this points to pump seals. Bad high pressure seals will cause the pump to pulsate but should not affect the soap draw. Bad low pressure seals could cause the pump to draw air if the water supply is restricted, which would make the pressure fall away and come back erratically.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Another issue with the old Mark VII pump stands was the fact they used gate vales for both hot and cold supplies to the pump. Over time, 20-30 years the steel stems will corrode/rot and break so the valve would no longer work to set correct back pressure for soap draw. Ask me how I know?!?!? So maybe this could be your issue? Still to many adjustable variables for each bay to get them the same. It was a nightmare to keep tuned before I replumbed everything including the gravity tanks and chemical tanks...I also replumbed PS and FB to eliminate all the unnecessary and problematic components. If you want a trouble free system and one you don't constantly have to fight, you might consider making some of the changes I made. You won't regret putting in the effort.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
2Biz,

Is that black bulb shown within one of your previous pics (last pic on post #17) a pressure pulsation damper?

If you are gaining something with a pressure pulsation damper ... I am tempted to go that route again vs the 18" pulsation damp hoses on each of our 7 pump stand setups. If that is a pressure pulsation damper ... do you have a link from where we can buy those specific ones?

I couldn't agree with you more about ball valves vs gate valves.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you are gaining something with a pressure pulsation damper ... I am tempted to go that route again vs the 18" pulsation damp hoses on each of our 7 pump stand setups. If that is a pressure pulsation damper ... do you have a link from where we can buy those specific ones?
I run thermoplastic hose from the pump to the boom, which has a lot of give to it. Steel braided hose is much harder and can make the whole metal roof vibrate. Using a pulse dampener with steel hose, solid pipe, or hard tubing also smooths out the normal hum the pump makes. The pulse hoses are a waste of money IMO. They make a tiny difference but they don't do what a pulse dampener can, and they will eventually blow out getting everything wet.

Etowah