What's new

High Pressure Pump Switch for wand holder?

steve everett

Reaction score
Where can I buy the holder for high pressure prep gun that has the switch built into it. When you pick up the gun, the pump turns on, and when you put gun into holder the pump automatically turns off. This is for a exterior tunnel prep area.

Thanks,
Steve

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I've seen setups using a pressure sensing switch before. Wired with a timer it turns on the pump when the operator pulls the gun trigger.

Flow Switches

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
How do the pressure switches work? I called another supply house and they tried to sell me $2k worth of equipment to get the same result. It really didn't answer the question and for that kind of money we've continued to flip a switch.

MEP001

Reaction score
With a flow switch, you need an off-delay relay and a pressurized supply to the pump. The gun has to be a full shut-off. With the flow switch and water supply on the outlet of the pump, the circuit is closed when the trigger is pulled, which engages the relay. The off-delay is so the pump won't have to start and stop every time the trigger is pulled.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I have my detail pump interlocked with the conveyor. When the conveyor is running, so is the pump.