What's new

High pressure hose less ceiling booms

Etowah

Jason Studer

Reaction score
Is anyone using a hose less ceiling boom for high pressure, and if so where did you get them, and have you liked them?

My thought was to eliminate one less hose issue for good.

Thanks, Jason

Kevin James

Reaction score
Is anyone using a hose less ceiling boom for high pressure, and if so where did you get them, and have you liked them?

My thought was to eliminate one less hose issue for good.

Thanks, Jason
What the heck are you talking about?

Jason Studer

Reaction score
A ceiling swivel boom for the high pressure, that the water runs through the center of the boom, not a hose. Similar to a foamy brush boom that the soap runs through the boom, but for high pressure. I cant make it any more clear sorry.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Every boom I have owned or worked on has never had anything what you describe. and foam brush booms are the same way.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I think Jason is talking about where the boom itself is the conduit for the water immediately after the inlet manifold goes into the inlet of the main overhead swivel inlet. There would be the end hi pressure hose of course with the gun but that would be connected to that boom-water conduit with swivels etc.

I have had 3 different styles of booms & they all had the hose go through a pipe or square tubing but I can imagine someone somewhere not having that hose with the boom. There could be some advantages to that since those 5-7' hoses do sometimes burst. At first blush it would seem more often than qood quality heavy duty stainless tubing doubling as the boom arm itself attached directly to the center swivel???

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had foam brush booms like that and hated them. I couldn't keep them from freezing. I use anti-freeze injection and having that 5' of 3/4" square tube in the middle of a run of 3/8" hose just killed the effectiveness of the AFI. There was just no way to effectively treat that huge chasm compared to a small hose. I got rid of them and installed the K/R booms with the 3/8" hose and my freezing problems disappeared. I can only imagine how long changeover times would be on a HP boom.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
If you have a spring loaded boom how would the 3/8" stainless steel tube bend at the 90 degree swivel if the customer pulled on it?.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you used the square tubing for the high pressure to run through, it would have to be extremely thick and heavy to handle the pressure. Someone may make one with stainless pipe, but either you'd still have a hose to connect the swivel and allow the boom to flex down or it would be completely rigid.

I've never seen or heard of a high pressure boom that doesn't have at least some length of hose. What sort of problem are you having? With most booms the hose through the arm lasts up to ten years. I replace them before they break, which isn't difficult to determine because the hose starts to look bad before it fails.