What's new

High pressure hose failure in energy chain

Etowah
Reaction score
We have a Mark VII Softwash XT. We have been having to replace our high pressure hose that runs from my equipment room, through my energy chain, and ties in to the top of my gantry about twice per year because of holes in the hose. It is getting expensive. When it first started it was around $400 for a new hose to be built, and now it is around $670. Its to the point that I always keep a spare on hand now.
As the energy chain moves back and forth, it wears through the hose cover and wires at the contact points within the chain. Was just curious if anybody else has this issue, and if so, if there was any type of covering or abrasion resistant material that would sleeve over the high pressure hose to prolong its life, but not be so rigid as to cause undue stress on the energy chain.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
If you can't make your own hoses you might try getting them from Discount Hydraulic Hose. They'll crimp the ends for $10 I think. They have a hose called hydraulax that I've been using for hoses in the echain on a laser 360. Seems to last longer with the rubbing on the chain.

Keno

Reaction score
Other option is to have a connection point right before the energy chain so you only have to replace the energy chain portion of the hose, which gets the most wear and tear.

We have used discount hydraulic hose.com when there is no rush, good quality and price.

carstawash

Reaction score
We have a Mark VII Softwash XT. We have been having to replace our high pressure hose that runs from my equipment room, through my energy chain, and ties in to the top of my gantry about twice per year because of holes in the hose. It is getting expensive. When it first started it was around $400 for a new hose to be built, and now it is around $670. Its to the point that I always keep a spare on hand now.
As the energy chain moves back and forth, it wears through the hose cover and wires at the contact points within the chain. Was just curious if anybody else has this issue, and if so, if there was any type of covering or abrasion resistant material that would sleeve over the high pressure hose to prolong its life, but not be so rigid as to cause undue stress on the energy chain.
We had the same problem at our car wash. We found by raising the water level in the tank that feeds the pump eliminated the pulsation curing our hose problem.

Reaction score
We had the same problem at our car wash. We found by raising the water level in the tank that feeds the pump eliminated the pulsation curing our hose problem.
Interesting! Never would have thought of that. Not sure how much adjustment I have left on my Jobe float, but will have to see if I can get another couple inches.