What's new

High Pressure Floats

designflaw

Reaction score
I am glad I found this thread. I noticed water accumulating overnight and was confused on why that was. In doing some inspections, I noticed a slow leak with the float valve. I am trying to figure out which one I should go with as this will be the first time I will be replacing something like this. I noticed a bunch of folks above mention Walters but I dont see they make a 2'' one (https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/c-175-walters-float-valves.aspx)

I found this a Bob float valve on zoro.com that very closely resembles what I got. Is this a good enough brand that will hold at a car wash?

Here is what my float valve looks like,

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
I am glad I found this thread. I noticed water accumulating overnight and was confused on why that was. In doing some inspections, I noticed a slow leak with the float valve. I am trying to figure out which one I should go with as this will be the first time I will be replacing something like this. I noticed a bunch of folks above mention Walters but I dont see they make a 2'' one (https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/c-175-walters-float-valves.aspx)

I found this a Bob float valve on zoro.com that very closely resembles what I got. Is this a good enough brand that will hold at a car wash?

Here is what my float valve looks like,
2" seems way overkill. How many bays are you feeding?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You can feed six bays no problem with a 1", even a 3/4". That's no more than about 25gpm if all bays are running. I suggest you buy a 2"-1" hex reducing bushing and convert your setup to a 1" valve.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
How many gallons is your float tank? Did you used to have an automatic bay? Like others have said, 2" is way overkill. At 3gpm per bay, you only need about 20gpm. A 1" will flow about 40gpm.

designflaw

Reaction score
Thank you Guys. I will look into changing it to 1''. For now, I changed it with this thing that I found at the local Grainger store. It looks like it holding up. Is this a brand that I should be concerned about? I hear that a failure for this can be pretty catastrophic so want to avoid installing a part that wont hold for long and is prone to breaking

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
That will likely work for while. You can partially close the gate or ball valve that is feeding the float valve so that it reduces the flow. In the event you have a float valve failure you will leak water out at 30gpm instead of 100+ gpm.