What's new

High pressure ceiling boom

AK1204

Reaction score
I need help finding a similar high pressure boom I already have. Please see attached picture. The one I have right now cracks from the weld over time and I have to get it rewelded once a year. It would be cost effective if I just replace it with new boom. I am would appreciate it if someone knows where I can buy a new boom with a shaft that is at least 17 inch. I can only find booms that are much shorter. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
I replace lots of Coleman booms with Dralco. Steel model linked so you can see the mount, they also come in stainless.

I'm guessing you have a long spindle to go through the ceiling panel. I run 1/2" threaded rod through and put the flush mount below the panels. It doesn't look quite as clean, but it doesn't look bad, and the Dralco boom is very sturdy. I've sold and installed a few hundred of them and I only know of one that broke at the weld.

AK626

Reaction score
I replace lots of Coleman booms with Dralco. Steel model linked so you can see the mount, they also come in stainless.

I'm guessing you have a long spindle to go through the ceiling panel. I run 1/2" threaded rod through and put the flush mount below the panels. It doesn't look quite as clean, but it doesn't look bad, and the Dralco boom is very sturdy. I've sold and installed a few hundred of them and I only know of one that broke at the weld.
Thanks for looking in to this. What you are suggesting won't work for my site. The panel alone won't be able to hold the weight. It has to go through the panel and be mounted on stronger support that's above the panels. That's why I need something that has at least 17 inch of length on the rod.

MEP001

Reaction score
I know, you need to attach the threaded rod to something with strength, run the threaded rod down through the ceiling panel, and attach the boom to that. I've done it on several Coleman car washes that have only the spindle come through the ceiling. Their booms are almost $1000, but the flush mount Dralco are sturdier and only $350 in stainless.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I could be wrong ... but the Drayco looks identical to what Specialty Equip had before they went out of business. I still use two of them & have some spares up in our 2nd story large room ... but for some of my bays ... Z-booms are my preference.

The Z-booms I put in were much more expensive HydroSpray-Mosmatics & was surprised that they seem to have just as much maintenance issues with their swivel etc as my Specialty-probably Drayco ... 360° booms.

MEP001

Reaction score
I could be wrong ... but the Drayco looks identical to what Specialty Equip had before they went out of business.
You are very wrong.

The Z-booms I put in were much more expensive HydroSpray-Mosmatics & was surprised that they seem to have just as much maintenance issues with their swivel etc as my Specialty-probably Drayco ... 360° booms.
You're installing the swivels improperly, either damaging them, using the wrong swivel, or tightening them incorrectly.