What's new

High ph hoses

Bricks

Reaction score
The high ph hose going to the hydrominder turned brown and brittle to the point it cracked. So I’m trying something ignorant,as usual. I took a high pressure hose and screwed a SS check valve into it for a foot valve. The other end I used a 3/8-1/4 reducer and threaded it into the fitting where the tip was. I will check the ph of the ps and adjust the strength as needed. Will a check valve work like a foot valve?

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, a foot valve is a check valve other than its name. I hope this is a temporary plan, because the steel hose fittings will very quickly start to cause you problems.

Bricks

Reaction score
Yes, a foot valve is a check valve other than its name. I hope this is a temporary plan, because the steel hose fittings will very quickly start to cause you problems.
Do people just change the clear hoses every 6 months or so?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never had one get so bad that it just cracked. The worst issue I have is the ones on wax and trifoam getting really hard, and when I have to change the foot valve I end up having to change the whole hose. My bay soap is really high pH and doesn't seem to affect the original Hydrominder hose.

OurTown

Reaction score
Do people just change the clear hoses every 6 months or so?

What is this on? We use several different types now depending on what it is and they are now lasting years instead of months. The biggest issues were with high pH booster and a protectant. I'll look into our records to see the types.

OurTown

Reaction score
Tygon 2375 on the high pH booster (potassium hydroxide) and all other high pH soaps. Superthane ether based on the JBS Samurai Shield WX-800. The Superthane also works great as fragrance pick up tubing on combo vacs/fragrance machines. It took us a few years to figure all this out.

Bricks

Reaction score
What is this on? We use several different types now depending on what it is and they are now lasting years instead of months. The biggest issues were with high pH booster and a protectant. I'll look into our records to see the types.
Blue Coral Zep Hi ph. Don’t know the number, but I know the price…around $500 for 20 gallons.