What's new

Here's a New Complaint

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Customer in a white car complained after a self-serve wash:"are you using DIRTY WATER?". I said no, we only use clean water here!

Her car hadn't been washed in months and was covered with carbon soot and oily residue from road construction. I washed it for her and she left happy.

Come on, though!?! Dirty Water?????????

chaz

Reaction score
Come on though....(owner) washing customer car in S/S bay....hope you don’t start a pattern

chaz

Reaction score
“You’re bothering me” says a customer. She had just pulled in off the street into one my SS bays. I was simply going to say thanks for coming in, and suggest she center her car for better use of the equipment. Again she says “You’re bothering me”. Ok fine....I continue about my business. Next thing I notice she is plugging an extension cord into my outdoor power outlet. Again I ask if everything is ok? She mumbles something about how she just washed her car (not at my place) and now she’s gonna tint her windows. We don’t offer window tinting, I replied....again...“You’re bothering me”. At this point I ignored her and walked away. She got all set up to only realize the 110volt outlet is not live. Oh well!

pgrzes

Reaction score
“You’re bothering me” says a customer. She had just pulled in off the street into one my SS bays. I was simply going to say thanks for coming in, and suggest she center her car for better use of the equipment. Again she says “You’re bothering me”. Ok fine....I continue about my business. Next thing I notice she is plugging an extension cord into my outdoor power outlet. Again I ask if everything is ok? She mumbles something about how she just washed her car (not at my place) and now she’s gonna tint her windows. We don’t offer window tinting, I replied....again...“You’re bothering me”. At this point I ignored her and walked away. She got all set up to only realize the 110volt outlet is not live. Oh well!
Wait what?? So you were going to allow her to use a bay to tint her windows? Why are you calling her a customer? I would have blown her as* out of the bay so quick even on a slow day for that one. I have had a few do windows, paint the car, mechanical work etc etc. They always leave a mess! Usually always late at night! But when we are there, we dont tolerate any of this! If they give me attitude they are out!

chaz

Reaction score
Wait what?? So you were going to allow her to use a bay to tint her windows? Why are you calling her a customer? I would have blown her as* out of the bay so quick even on a slow day for that one. I have had a few do windows, paint the car, mechanical work etc etc. They always leave a mess! Usually always late at night! But when we are there, we dont tolerate any of this! If they give me attitude they are out!
NOPE!!! I simply avoid confrontation whenever possible. When I said we don’t offer tinting...she continued setting up to do so....I guess the last laugh was mine when she realized there was no power to her extension cord....she packed up and drove off!

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Why would you need electric to tint windows?
Hair dryer to dry the tint from the water. I can't beleive the lady said" your bothering me" that would have ticked me off badly. She Treats you like a lowlife. It depressing to see the way people are towards each other these days, at my own wash my customers are way more rude than 10 years ago people where much nicer even when we go out our way to be nice to them. Heck they even rude to my 4 year old little boy that is so nice to everyone and I have to sit him down in the equipment room and tell him everyone is not as nice as mommy & daddy after he goes up to a woman and tells her hello hope you have a good day and she gives him a nasty look. That's not the small American hometown I grew up in as a kid and I am sure it's like that all over the country

Expresswash3

Reaction score
Bothering me?..I had a guy that ran a cord over to the next building once and was detailing a car in my drying area..I ask him whats up..Oh just doing a job..Owner said it was ok...NOT..called the police and that was that...UNREAL!!

MEP001

Reaction score
Interesting, I've tinted windows on my own vehicles and only had that problem if my solution was too "soapy."

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting, I've tinted windows on my own vehicles and only had that problem if my solution was too "soapy."
Not sure about that ; we offered window tinting at my detail shop for years. Heat gun is for a few tinting tricks, including heat shrinking the film for the curvature of the glass.

Bandit

Reaction score