What's new

Hercules Carwash?

jfmoran

Reaction score
I run a business that manages detail departments for car dealerships, these have been around for a long time. They do not do a good job of cleaning the vehicle as they are touchless. They are useless for used car recon unless you want to use it to rinse the car off. In most cases, especially with service washes or new car get ready's you can wash the car faster and better by hand. I would not recommend putting one in. If he wants to invest in equipment tell him to put in a high pressure self-serve setup with on-demand chemicals.

John

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks; that was my initial reaction when I saw the machine.

I think there are many opportunities out there right now to pick up good, touchless machines on the cheap; like laser 4000's for around $20k. Machines that size the car and put out some big, fat pressure with a Cat 3535 or similar.

I guess it depends upon what the dealership wants to use the machines for; new/used car prep, added value to service or oil change, or charging customers for the wash.

Thank you for the input.

Red Baron

Reaction score
They do not do a good job of cleaning the vehicle as they are touchless.
Huh? Oh never mind, I don't wanna start that one again. lol

It's just a small subliminal kinda thing, but if I were Hercules I wouldn't use an RV brand (Alfa) that went out of business. If you're trying to attract RV owners, a Newmar, Tiffin, or Fleetwood would be a better choice.

jfmoran

Reaction score
I'm not impugning all touchless washing, it has its place in the spectrum of car washing, but this thing is nothing more than a rectangular rinsing system that at best could clean a showroom car that was mildly dusty.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
It doesn't even do a good job at removing dust. It does get the vehicle wet though.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Close but no cigar. Its amazing the stuff that OEM's will get away with selling to gullable car dealership owners who listen long enough.

If your friend is interested in an automated wash for a dealership, consider Broadway which has been a major participant in this sector for decades.