What's new

Help with undercarriage of OHD 2001

slash007

Reaction score
On my OHD TF from Ryko, when a car drives in the undercar comes on at high pressure. Once they pass and get into washing position, the HP stops, but the undercar continues to spray at at low pressure, say about 1.5' hight. Once the HP rinse of the wash kicks on, it stops and doesn't come on again until another car activates it. What solenoid would be causing it to stay open like that?
Thanks.

soapy

Reaction score
Follow the supply line back from the under carriage supply line to the solenoid.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
From the output of the 25HP pump, it feeds the undercar valve Y12 (plc output Y44) and the high impact to arm solenoid for valve Y4 (plc output Y50). It just sounds like the UC valve may have too much pressure behind it to fully seat until it either bleeds down, or the arm valve kicks in. You may want to check the diaphragm to see if it has a hole, or not fully seated due to debris.

slash007

Reaction score
I followed the line and it seems to go to the large valve that says Y5. Looks like a Lexair valve. Is that it? I am familiar with the large Lexair valve below it that keeps getting stuck and allowing HP water to come out of the arm when the under carriage is activeated, but that is a different one.

Attachments

Ryko CS

Reaction score
The valve Y5 should be a water valve for a rocker panel blaster, but an undercar could have been plumbed to it.

slash007

Reaction score
That's probably the case as the undercar and rocker panel blasters are together. I just have the rocker panel capped off so only the undercar sprays. They are the same valve. Could I repair this valve? What do I need to to? It seems to be similar the valve below.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
The valve is our P/N 18318-007 and is a 1" Lexair valve. We do have a repair kit (P/N 18318-812 that contains a poppet w/o-ring, u-cup, static seal and the assembly tool available for repairs.

soapy

Reaction score
Sometimes when my Lexair valves stick I undo the air line at the inlet to the valve and spray a bit of wd40 in and cycle it a few times/. Many times it frees it up. If not a light sanding of emery cloth on the bore will help.

slash007

Reaction score
I did that with other Lexair valve, completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Etowah