What's new

Help with two issues

SplishSplash

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
I have two issues that I can not figure out:

Equipment is Coleman

First, spot free pressure to the holding tank is less than 1gpm. I replaced that membrane and I am stilling getting the same pressure. Bypass the filter and pressures are normal. I doubled checked to make sure the filter was not in backwards, now what???

Second, replaced procon pump on the tri-foam and still not working with a different problem! The motor starts making a clicking noise and runs intermediately, meaning it is clicking on and off. I replaced the motor with a spare, same problem. If I remove the hose going into solenoids everything runs fine. The solenoids are getting power and I can hear the air in the bays....

Thanks in advance!

MEP001

Reaction score
The GPM is not pressure, it's flow. What filter are you bypassing? The membrane itself? What are the pressure gauges showing?

The tri-foam motor is probably overloading and tripping. You need to look for a cause why , and add a pressure gauge if it doesn't have one. 130 PSI is about all it can handle.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
So when you take the hose off the solenoid block the procon pump starts pumping chemical?

SplishSplash

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
Bypassing the membrane. Prior to bypassing the flow rate is 1 gpm and pressure gauge on the pump is 45psi. I do not remember the psi before the problem but the flow rate was around 4 gpm and reject was 1.5/2 gpm.

Tri-Foam does have a pressure gauge and it is set at 40 psi. I can not get a reading now because it will not run consistently. I am guessing the problem is something wrong with the solenoid block and I will focus on it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Your pressure should be just under 200 PSI, which is probably why you're not making any product.

Are you saying you're not getting chemicals through the solenoids to the bays on the tri-foam? Even so that should not cause the motor to kick on and off. There is (or should be) a pop-off in the pump to keep it from exceeding the motor's load rating.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
When you replaced your membrane did you buy it from Coleman? I want to replace the two membranes in my system. All I know is that they are 4"x40" and they are JCC part #62132. It lists a membrane and an element part #62132-2 as well. I want to replace but would prefer to buy elsewhere. It also has a number AKA-1600 which I believe means that it is rated for 1600 gallons a day.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
On the tri-foam I would bet the suction filters are all snotted up and will not let the liquid thru.
I just went thru the same problem.......also make sure the pump relief valve is screwed in if it has one.

mac

Reaction score
Well, welcome to the wonderful world of carwashing. Sounds like you are just new to this and don't know the terminology. Thye first issue with the RO:pressure is measured in pounds per square ince, or psi. The number you are giving is flow in gallons per minute, probably read from the flow gauge, a verticle instrument, not a round pressure gauge. Most RO systems will produce that flow. Are you sure you have a problem? Did you test the TDS of the RO water? Your second issue sounds like you have a bad bladder tank. It will be about the size of a 5 gallon bucket. It keeps the pump from cycling too much. When the internal bladder goes bad it does this to the pump. Hope this helps.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Well, welcome to the wonderful world of carwashing. Sounds like you are just new to this and don't know the terminology. Thye first issue with the RO:pressure is measured in pounds per square ince, or psi. The number you are giving is flow in gallons per minute, probably read from the flow gauge, a verticle instrument, not a round pressure gauge. Most RO systems will produce that flow. Are you sure you have a problem? Did you test the TDS of the RO water? Your second issue sounds like you have a bad bladder tank. It will be about the size of a 5 gallon bucket. It keeps the pump from cycling too much. When the internal bladder goes bad it does this to the pump. Hope this helps.
Mac,
I'm not sure if your if your replying to my post or the original post. Sounds like it is mine. I am pretty sure that the AKA 1600 refers to the gallons of RO produced per day. It is very obvious from their literature (Coleman's) and user manual that states pretty much exactly that. If you are not referring to my post... then, never mind!
Buzzie