What's new

Help with this leak

APW

Reaction score
One of my overhead booms are leaking. Its not the swivel but up above it. I don't know what brand the boom is or if there is a rebuild kit for it. Any help is appreciated View attachment 616 .

MEP001

Reaction score
The boom pipe is broken inside. If you post better pictures of the boom, someone can identify the brand. It will probably be the same as the rest of the equipment you bought.

APW

Reaction score
All my equipment is Ginsan but the boom doesn't look like the one on their website. This is the only other pic I have until I go back up there. It has a big spring on the boom that you can't see in the pic.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's definitely not a Dilling/Harris boom. They use a double-nut to hold the boom at the bottom.

The only ones I've ever seen with long stand-offs like that are Coleman.

madscientist

Reaction score
Looks very much like my Gin San booms. The bottom ring is 2 semi circle pieces held together by two bolts with allen wrench heads, right? It all comes apart easily so you can inspect it from the inside. Be sure the boom is resting on your shoulder when you take those pieces off.

MEP001

Reaction score
Looks very much like my Gin San booms. The bottom ring is 2 semi circle pieces held together by two bolts with allen wrench heads, right? It all comes apart easily so you can inspect it from the inside. Be sure the boom is resting on your shoulder when you take those pieces off.
Yours are probably Coleman too.