What's new

Help with final decisions- Ontario

Soapinator

Reaction score
Hello!
Wanted to start by saying I been reading a lost of past-posts and been finding the information very helpful.
From what I gather the #1 factor should be your supplier/support followed by your demand (decided by traffic/and area details).

With that being said- some background info: breaking ground on a gas station Windsor with projected fuel of 6.5M and car counts of 3500/h (corner location, 60km/h speed limit, with median but highway exit).

I been looking at various car wash options but find that there are no local suppliers. Being where we are, there is a minimum 4h travel time for any of the factory/distributor technicians. The local repair guy recommends MONDO...as he also holds their local repair contract... but I don't see a lot of information about them on here.

With that being said, I think we want to go with a combo soft-touch/touch-less car wash. I say this because a lot of corporate gas stations (circleK) are putting them in and it seems the right direction. Plus, we would be the only soft-touch wash game in town as far as gas stations go.

I think this (correct me if I am wrong), takes me down to either MARK VII choicewash or istobal flex 5.
MARK VII has their subsidiary (so factory direct) 4h away, and istobal has a distributor 4.5h away (mostly a gas station company that does car washes on the side). Both have car washes in town and say their technicians do at times come down here during the month so maintenance can be done at those times.

I have quotes for MARK VII but have yet to meet the other guys but don't know how to proceed.

I did let both parties know I would prefer if they came to some understanding with a local repair group and there seemed to be some interest in this.

Just wanted your thoughts!
Combo versus touch-less? (I don't think for a gas station it makes sense to just go soft-touch)
Istobal versus MARK VII?
working with subsidiary versus a distributor?
any other thoughts? Ideas?!