What's new

Help with Bay Occupancy Sensor

SparklesSS

Reaction score
Hi all,
When a vehicle pulls into our bay in ground sensor wire detects the metal on the vehicle and changes a traffic light from green to red (indicating the bay is occupied). It is a loop detection circuit similar to what is used at some city stop lights. We have this installed primarily for winter use when the doors on the bays are closed.

Issue we are having is that one of the bays seems to initially detect a vehicle coming in and will stay red for a short period of time but then as a minute or so passed will turn green. We replaced all of the sensor wire and it has not seemed to address the issue. We have also changed the sensitivity and still hasn't helped.

Any suggestions on what this can be? I am completely stumped....

Last edited:

MGSMN

Reaction score
Set the vehicle presence dip switch to "infinite presence" instead of "limited presence" if your loop relay has that option.

SparklesSS

Reaction score
Set the vehicle presence dip switch to "infinite presence" instead of "limited presence" if your loop relay has that option.
I am able to adjust sensitivity but do not believe I can adjust to infinite presence....what would infinite presence do? I'm wondering if a relay has gone bad...Just weird that it detects the vehicle and then turns green after a minute.

MGSMN

Reaction score
"Presence Output Modes (DIP 2): When ON (Limited Presence Mode), the presence CALL Output hold time is between 5 minutes minimum and 3 hours maximum. Hold time depends on loop geometry; number of wire turns in the loop, vehicle size, and position of the vehicle relative to the loop zone. When OFF (Infinite Presence Mode), the presence CALL Output hold time will always be maintained as long as a vehicle is located over the loop zone and power is not removed from the LMA-1150."