What's new

Help with 6 bay wash!!

twogun

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is james.

I just got a 6 bay s/s wash that has been out of operation for a while. All of the guns and brushes were missing, but the equipment room was complete and all looked in good working order as far as the motors and pumps.

The wash has wash, wax, rinse, spotfree, clearcoat, etc and the foaming brushes. So here is the deal I get guns and put them on and put hoses on the brush booms.

So anyway I start on the wash cycle and there is hp but no soap, I switch to spot free and tire cleaner and and it is low pressure like it should be but again no tire cleaner. I then check the foaming brushes and all that would come out was air no solution. I took the hose off of the pump on the foaming brush and it was pumping with good pressure, after I hooked that back up I started getting a little soap out of the brush.

I check all of the bays and I have the same problem in each bay, as you can see I am new to this and I could really use any help I can get. I had a guy come by and check the pumps and motors and those are good they are putting out around 1200-1300 psi. He has never worked on a car wash so that was the extent of his help.

I want to try and get as much done myself as I can before I call someone in to look at it.

If they come out I have attached a few pics of the equipment room.
Thanks in advance for any help.

james:confused:

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Check the weep system, make sure the manifold under the tank has water to it. That system has the weep on the inlet of the pumps, and if someone's unhooked it it will just pull air through to the pumps instead of water from the tanks. Check the tanks also to make sure there's fluid in all three. Have you made sure the pumps are running on soap, rinse and wax?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Check the filters and the pills in the hydrominders to make sure their not clogged too.
You might not have enough soaps in your tanks so I would add soap directly into the tanks just to make sure you have enough in them.

MEP001

Reaction score
I see that I misunderstood some of your post, you're getting pressure but no soap. JMMUSTANG is on the right track, there's probably something simple wrong, perhaps a clogged screen in the bottom of the soap tank, or the foot valve in the soap bucket is bad. If the soap keeps draining into the bucket, it will get weak, or it may even siphon water back into the bucket.

That room looks familiar - I've probably worked on it before. Is it on the highway in Giddings?

twogun

Reaction score
yes it is in Giddings, what a really small world. I have the kid today and as soon as he gets up Ill head down there and check those things.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm only an hour away, in Austin. E-mail me if you'd like, maybe I can spend a weekday afternoon out there with you and help get it back on its feet.

Etowah