What's new

Help w/ buying new Vacs

Etowah

soonermajic

Reaction score
Not combo, jist regular vacs. Wpuld like 3 motor, or w/ Turbo feature.
Anyone got good advice on great working, solid & easy to work on, new vacuums?
Kleen-Rite site is so confusing on regular vacs. But my sons live right by it, so i can h3et free shipping.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If you are replacing old vacs and they were only 2 moto make sure wiring and breakers can handle 3 motors.

Maybe some vacs are easier to wok on, but I find them to be pretty Generic and I have National Pride, Coleman, D&S, and maybe a couple of others.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Industrial Vacuum Systems 140000 dominate my market area.
Most are equipped with the optional 3rd motor (high altitude)
Many use optional MicroCoin acceptors ($1 coins are fairly common here)
Some feature display timers (Dixmor or Timemaster) with grace time and Last Minute Alert.
American Lock option for the coin drawer seems to be favored over the standard pin lock.

While not inexpensive, IVS are durable, attractive, and relatively easy to service.
30 amp breakers and 10g wires are strongly recommended for 3 motor vacs.

traveler17

Reaction score
Kleen-Rite site is so confusing on regular vacs. But my sons live right by it, so i can h3et free shipping.
I like the JE adams. Im about to start replacing my old ones

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Very important what Earl said about your breaker and wiring. If it can't handle the load you will burn up your wire and trip breakers.

I added a 3rd motor to all my coleman super vacs and honestly I can't tell the difference between the 3 motor super vacs and the 2 motor standard vacs.

Etowah

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Very important what Earl said about your breaker and wiring. If it can't handle the load you will burn up your wire and trip breakers.

I added a 3rd motor to all my coleman super vacs and honestly I can't tell the difference between the 3 motor super vacs and the 2 motor standard vacs.
My experience has been different. Upgraded my Doyle 3 motor and Fragramatics 2 motor vacs with the Domel motor I love so much. BIG DIFFERENCE in suction between the 2. All new gaskets, hoses, etc.

soonermajic

Reaction score
My experience has been different. Upgraded my Doyle 3 motor and Fragramatics 2 motor vacs with the Domel motor I love so much. BIG DIFFERENCE in suction between the 2. All new gaskets, hoses, etc.
What motor did you have vs. What Domel did you get? Can it be ordered from KR?

PDonnelly

Reaction score
I have 11 J E Adams some 2 motor, some 3 motor. KR Part #: VAA9213LD is the part number for the JE 3 motor lighted top its a solid unit I haven't had any issues with mine other then keeping them cleaned out ... All my Vacs have the Dixmor Led7, cryptopay swipers, slugbuster, and bill acceptors ... Looks like it shouldn't all fit but surprisingly does! And I agree the site can be confusing but I always just call so that I'm sure that I am ordering exactly what I want.

traveler17

Reaction score
I have 11 J E Adams some 2 motor, some 3 motor. KR Part #: VAA9213LD is the part number for the JE 3 motor lighted top its a solid unit I haven't had any issues with mine other then keeping them cleaned out ... All my Vacs have the Dixmor Led7, cryptopay swipers, slugbuster, and bill acceptors ... Looks like it shouldn't all fit but surprisingly does! And I agree the site can be confusing but I always just call so that I'm sure that I am ordering exactly what I want.
Do you get a lot of use w the bill acceptors? I bought one to try and I won’t be buying another, not worth the extra , hardly gets used and it’s my busiest vacuum

PDonnelly

Reaction score
Its not lights out, but I do get a some through there. My vacs are a Buck to start so I think that's why I see that? To be honest quarters and Swipers I think are the way to go, I don't think that the acceptors I have now will be replaced when out of order.

*** Correction to my last statement I do not have bill acceptors on all my Vacs just 3 .... Just Re Read the thread, sorry fellas.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I'll repeat for emphasis: If you are upgrading to 3 motors from 2 make sure your service can handle it. You really need a 30 amp service and 10 gauge wire for 3 motors. After you buy some shiny new 3 motor vacs from me I don't need you blowing up my phone and email because you keep blowing breakers.

In respect for this site's rules, I won't give you an "Us vs them" speech in this thread but if you want to email or call we can discuss.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Do you get a lot of use w the bill acceptors? I bought one to try and I won’t be buying another, not worth the extra , hardly gets used and it’s my busiest vacuum
Last Coleman Combos I bought have Bill acceptors. It was a pricey upgrade but well worth it. The price of the upgrade was probably covered by bill usage in couple of months. Note - not necessarily extra usage but pulling out some 5's is nice.

traveler17

Reaction score
Last Coleman Combos I bought have Bill acceptors. It was a pricey upgrade but well worth it. The price of the upgrade was probably covered by bill usage in couple of months. Note - not necessarily extra usage but pulling out some 5's is nice.
Yeah my vacs make good money so I was really thinking the bill validator would kill it. Guess everywhere is different

STXCW

Reaction score
IVS are more expensive, but we find ourselves make more repairs on other brands we have purchased. And not referring to timers and motors, more like Welding broken mounting brackets and such

Rfreeman

Reaction score

I changed my motors over to Domel as well and noticed the difference as well but between my 2 motor Coleman vacs (with domel motors) and my 3 motor Coleman Super Vacs (again with Domel motors) I can't notice a difference.

I don't recall but you can only pull so many CFMs through a 2" hose any way

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I changed my motors over to Domel as well and noticed the difference as well but between my 2 motor Coleman vacs (with domel motors) and my 3 motor Coleman Super Vacs (again with Domel motors) I can't notice a difference.

I don't recall but you can only pull so many CFMs through a 2" hose any way
Actually now that I think about it, I apologize. I'm running a 1.5" hose on the Fragramatics and 2" on the Doyles so that is probably the difference

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Based on experience ... I would make sure that there are 4 filter bags vs just 2 filter bags. Thoroughly washing those 4 filter bags with our commercial duty front load washing machines once a year probably is one of the reasons why our vacuums are used more than our competition ... especially those at gas stations ... even though theirs tend to be much newer than our 1987 trusty Stainless Steel Doyle Vacuums. Since our location is not as good as come of our competition ... I am thinking the Vacs' performance might be a bit of a "drawing card ... leader item if you will". BTW ... we do not miss the 3 motor Monorail that we had at one time.

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'll repeat for emphasis: If you are upgrading to 3 motors from 2 make sure your service can handle it. You really need a 30 amp service and 10 gauge wire for 3 motors. After you buy some shiny new 3 motor vacs from me I don't need you blowing up my phone and email because you keep blowing breakers.

In respect for this site's rules, I won't give you an "Us vs them" speech in this thread but if you want to email or call we can discuss.
Mmmm, i don't remember doing that...🤔😬😳🙄🤣
I don't have your email anymore. Switched schools a few yrs back, & lost it (or got blocked😬😳)!