What's new

Help! Tiger striping on side of vehicles

DavidM

Reaction score
One of the reasons most tunnels use wraps and side brushes is that the side brushes rotate the opposite direction of the wraps. This allows them to get into areas that the wraps may miss.

Maybe adding a set of side brushes is your best solution.

DavidM

Reaction score
I just reread all of the posts and had two other thoughts. First, have you tried backing off the side pressure? It seems to me that alot of the cleaning with neoglide is done by the tips. Too much side pressure can prevent the Neoglide from working properly. Also, too much side pressure could slow the neoglide down and your actual rpm is less than 80.

Second, someone recently mentioned to me that it is possible to over-lubricate Neoglide so that it becomes so slippery it doesn't work as well as it should. I haven't experienced that with our neoglide and chemistry but it might be worth checking out anyway.

David

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
2 of my 4 places have double wraps. Wish I had double wraps at all. Have high side wheels at 2 locations . If it was an issue and I had lower details but no high sides, I wouldreplace the lower details with the high sides.

Cloth vs neoglide damage on wraps I believe is a nominal issue. It is mostly a marketing and noise issue. This may be your simplest fix. At 50 CPH yoiu should get a clean car particularly in a winter environment except for extreme cold where the dirt is literaly frozen on.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I put neoglide in my wraps a few years ago and my managers were ready to lynch me after a few months. We couldn't get cars clean on certain days and other days were no problem. I finally removed it and went back to cloth. Now we get clean cars all the time. I have neoglide on a set of grill brushes and it works fine in that application, just not wraps.

Laser Tracer

Reaction score
We have 130' tunneles and use one set of neoglide hige side wraps,and one set of cloth wraps. We have Belenger and McNeil equitment. Works good for us. We use a alkaline presoak at our soap arches,and on our wraps I just use cheap soap for lubrication, so I don'hear any squicking. Your soap supplier will try to put soap where on everything if they can.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Is cloth much louder to the customer while riding thru inside the car?

Inward air pressure on the wraps might be a contributing factor. Sonny's says the air pressure should be 0 - 5 psi for a chain speed of 50 -70 cph. I'm running 50 cph, but need about 30 psi on my passenger wrap. I've tried less but then it flies off the car when rounding the corner from front bumper to side fender and comes out of contact with the vehicle for about 12 inches, and then comes back in and bounces off several times. And since I have no other brushes washing the car, that part of the car will remain dirty. But since I do have 30 psi pressure, the wrap is really squished up against the car; it folds some vehicle's mirrors in. I would think that if it were farther away and washing the car with the tips, it would do a better job.

Argh!

Thank you all for your help thus far.

briteauto

Reaction score
One of the reasons most tunnels use wraps and side brushes is that the side brushes rotate the opposite direction of the wraps. This allows them to get into areas that the wraps may miss.

Maybe adding a set of side brushes is your best solution.
As David said - this may help. You could even install a set of low side brushes with cloth, spinning against vehicle travel. It sounds like most of your problem is from the window ledge down - I think. If wraps are your only side cleaning equipment, that might be tough. I think you need to have at least two touches on the sides to get a decent cleaning of this area.

Good luck.