What's new

Help removing coil from manifold

MEP001

Reaction score
It's the same with some GinSan equipment that uses the same solenoids. The coils just fail occasionally, and owners learn to keep spares. I think they're GC solenoids, although the coil is branded CFA. Some reps from GC came to us when I worked for a distributor, and we bought a bunch for RO systems. Most of them failed within a few months - I just recently replaced one that managed to survive 20 years, but when the coil went it started a fire that burned up all the wiring on one side of the room.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used DEMA and allenair solenoids and don't think I've ever had a bad coil. Many rubber parts on the valves have gone bad, but never a coil...

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had to replace the coil of a KIP solenoid valve? I've never had to.
Thanks to you I replaced all my solenoids with Kip! I bought several spares. And I still have several spares!

MEP001

Reaction score
I just had to deal with the same issue of the stem turning. I sprayed WD-40 on the nut and let it sit for about ten minutes, then stuck a large screwdriver between the coil and the block and twisted while I turned the nut. That stopped the stem from turning, worked on two stuck solenoids.

Last edited: