What's new

HELP Low pressure in one bay.

dclark3344

Reaction score
Well I have been working on this for a week and I am no rookie. I have one bay that the belts on the pump started slipping when the user let off the trigger on the wand so I started adjusting the unloader but to get it to stop then the pressure was not good enough. so this is a list of what I have done
1. new unloader
2. new hose from unloader to intake side
3. hooked up hose and wand directly to pump
3. replaced head with another known good head
4. replaced Cat 530 with a new Armitsu pump
5. replaced motor
6. switched motor starters
7. switched wires to motor
The bay starts up pretty good but if you let off trigger for any length of time the motor slows down and the pump will almost come to a stop. If you back off the unloader it will speed back up but not full speed.
any ideas that I have not covered?

robblackburn

Reaction score
I has a similar problem and it was the wiring from the contactor to the motor. Try to run new wires ... it is about the only thing that you have not replaced. Good luck.

dclark3344

Reaction score
No Rookie just Rusty and tired

OMG I guess I will start with the excuses it was the bottom pump on the rack, it was dark and my work light bulb was burned out.

Rob I did switch the wires from the pump next to it and same problem. I think the original problem was the unloader but the belts had glazed over and were slipping on the motor side (difficult to notice in the dark) but not making any noise. Yep replaced the belts and works like a champ. Had new belts on the counter right behind me but I inspected the belt I was using and no cracks and it looked good. NOT So now 8 hours later and a new motor, pump, unloader, unloader hose, motor starter, and wand hose assembly and all I needed to do was change the belt ( the simplest and cheapest part) Sure had a great rabbit chase when I guess I should have been in church on my knees instead of the motor rack on my knees. LOL

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Think of all those spare parts you have now! I was thinking about changing my belts. Maybe it's time!