What's new

HELP! Looking for an effective High PH Presoak

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The windshield squeegee is not conducive to whole vehicle cleaning. I sometimes see customers using it on the front bumpers, and of course the windshield. I have a very busy wash and never see a problem with it holding up the process. I have a valve on the bottom of my SS foam brush tank and just fill the bucket from there. Ditto to Waxman, don't make it more complicated than it is.

ToFarGone

Reaction score
I have flirted with the idea of a bug prep station. Electric flow jet, small trigger gun, maybe a vac timer to control it, and a coin mech. I was going to mount it in an old box used for tire air station. Let them pay for a pretreatment of bug remover. It hinges on having a reliable chemical (which I have) and dwell time (I think I have that figured out too). I have all the stuff on hand so it wouldn't be money out of pocket.

Somebody shoot me down.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
The only time I saw eyebrows removed with a touch free wash was back when they used HF as the low pH product. Even then the really bad ones weren't cleaned. I always remember when someone asked our chemist for a definition of road film. He responded "What's what left after a touchless wash." While I don't totally agree with that statement it says something about removing eyebrows.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
some cars need friction. whether that's from a hand-prep, cloth car wash or hand wash, it's just a fact. for us low tech is better (d.i.y. prep bucket)

Etowah