What's new

Help Identifying these Values

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Hey guys getting a spot free system up and running at a new location.

It's a coleman super saver and this is the spot free manifold.

These GC valves are larger than the ones on the tire cleaner tri foam and foam brush manifold on the stand.

I'm thinking the plunger and seat on the plunger will be bad so I wanted to order a few before I fire the system up but I can locate them KR website.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
I have replaced a lot of those because the seats on the puppets go bad. The economy version is to go with Kip 3/32 orifice solenoids which are 1/8" NPT and rated 250 operating pressure. This conversion costs less than replacing the GC poppets. Since the orifice is the smallest restriction, the smaller plumbing doesn't affect the overall pressure.

If you want the best pressure and flow possible, I recommend the GC solenoids rated to 1200 PSI.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Mep. Since this is the spot free manifold and it operates around 400 psi (I think) do I need the GC solenoid rated at such high (1200) PSI?

Do you think replacing the entire valve is the way to go then? One of two things, since I am rehabbing and getting this spot free system up and running for the first time the last thing I want to do is get it up and running, tell the customers about it, and then have to shut it down because of bad part, valve etc.

I know on my other coleman stands I have demas 412P valves on this manifold so this is the first time seeing these

MEP001

Reaction score
Those other Coleman stands most likely have Dema 453p valves. The 412p are only rated to 150 MOPD. I've used the GC on several washes and have had no problems with them.

I think the GC valves you have now are only rated to 250 PSI.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
do you have a part# on those kip valves?

Yeah that sounds right on the Dema I was trying to go off memory but I knew it was Dema other than that wasn't 100% on the model

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not coming up in a search for me, but it's a 3/32" orifice valve with 1/8" ports, 250 MOPD. I use 1/4 to 1/8 reducer nipples to a 1/4" brass manifolds and 1/8" NPT to 3/8" tubing elbows on the outlet. You can get 1/4" port ones but they're about $100 each.