What's new

Help! Hamilton HTK problem "Cannot find outrun"

Danpelligrino

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Were finally starting to get busy again after a period of decrease inactivity and of course our only auto cashier at our main location is down and we cannot figure out what is going on with it, and Hamilton is gone for the weekend so they won't be any help at this point.

Its giving us an error that says "Cannot find 'autorun' or one of its components. Make sure the path and filename is correct and that all the required libraries are available".
We tired changing the controller because we thought that might be it... that didn't work.

I cannot fathom how this happened, because no one was inside of it messing with anything. It seemed to happen randomly.

Please save my sinking ship!

Thanks!

Blanco

Reaction score
Are you able to navigate to the windows screen?

Last edited:

Blanco

Reaction score
I don't think this will make a difference but worth a try. If you can get to windows screen. Log out of auto run user. Log in under Hamilton admin. UN and PW is in your manual. There will be a icon on the screen that says AUTO RUN. Click that and see what happens. How old is your HTK? Tomorrows Sunday, which is the only day you cannot contact Hamilton. They work 6 days a week. If that does not work call Hamilton on Monday morning and they will get you fixed up. Best customer service in the business. They should have someone for Sundays though.

Danpelligrino

Reaction score
I don't think this will make a difference but worth a try. If you can get to windows screen. Log out of auto run user. Log in under Hamilton admin. UN and PW is in your manual. There will be a icon on the screen that says AUTO RUN. Click that and see what happens. How old is your HTK? Tomorrows Sunday, which is the only day you cannot contact Hamilton. They work 6 days a week. If that does not work call Hamilton on Monday morning and they will get you fixed up. Best customer service in the business. They should have someone for Sundays though.
i think ive narrowed it down to a bad controller memory card. When i swapped another card in, it will boot into the Hamilton software but all of our settings are missing. Which doesn’t do me any good with Hamilton still being out of the office. But at least i know what’s wrong