What's new

Hello

Etowah

Renato

Reaction score
Hi All: Im Renato Rios from Mexico, im the owner of M&M car wash and detailing shop. Located about 2.30 hrs driving from Mexico city in a place name Tehuacan. Small city about 300,000 people and 50-60k cars.
Any time you will like to come to Mexico just let me know
regards
Renato

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Hello Renato, Welcome to the forum. What type of car wash do you have and how much does the average car wash cost? I am just curious if it is similar to U.S.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Welcome, Renato, I use to live in Mexico city during the winters. Then got a divorce, so no longer live there.

Renato

Reaction score
Hi: I have hand car wash. We use high pressure pumps ( karcher) to wash cars, we use foaming wands to apply 1 color shampoo ( we use standard pink, yellow, blue). Also we apply chemicals as tire and wheel cleaner during the wash process, bug removal, enginee cleaner (when needed) and we use SS1 as a drying agent and sealant at the end of the wash process. Then the customer step the car to the dry bays where the employees finish it, hand dry, vacuum the inside clean the matts, clean the interior.
For a regular wash which includes, high pressure wash, shampoo, bug removal, tire and wheel cleaner, SS1,drying, vacuum and cleaning I charge 3.5 usd a small car to 6.00 usd for a SUV.
I have many many wash levels If we apply a paint gloss enhancer durung the drying process we charge 2-3 usd extra per car.
We also do lot of detailing as 5 step paint protection systems ( we named as that) cleaning full interiors with extractors, wax, glazed, claying, deodor control ( cigar odor etc) For this services I can charge from 20.00 usd ( besides the cost of the wash) to 250.00 usd each. You know It will depend about what the custmomer may need.
To wash a car here in Mexico is pretty cheaper than to wash it in USA.
My employees earn 90.00 - 100 usd per week ( each one)which is a good money for them and also other 30-50 usd from Tips.
My cost per regular wash is $1.29 usd per car and $2.00 per SUV.
We process 200.00 cars per day and a 25% of this amount will be above $20.00 usd because it will come from detailing.
Im planning to buy a small tunnel by the end of the year, Im just checking how one of my near competitors is doing, because he just bought and IBA one month ago and I need to check how people will accept this kind of wash here at Tehuacan ( the city I live in). So far i havent get any "cut " in my car average per day....since he open....But need to wait 3-6 months to check how that IBA will work.
Thanks guy for your welcome
Renato Rios

Renato

Reaction score
Hi: I have hand car wash. We use high pressure pumps ( karcher) to wash cars, we use foaming wands to apply 1 color shampoo ( we use standard pink, yellow, blue). Also we apply chemicals as tire and wheel cleaner during the wash process, bug removal, enginee cleaner (when needed) and we use SS1 as a drying agent and sealant at the end of the wash process. Then the customer step the car to the dry bays where the employees finish it, hand dry, vacuum the inside clean the matts, clean the interior.
For a regular wash which includes, high pressure wash, shampoo, bug removal, tire and wheel cleaner, SS1,drying, vacuum and cleaning I charge 3.5 usd a small car to 6.00 usd for a SUV.
I have many many wash levels If we apply a paint gloss enhancer durung the drying process we charge 2-3 usd extra per car.
We also do lot of detailing as 5 step paint protection systems ( we named as that) cleaning full interiors with extractors, wax, glazed, claying, deodor control ( cigar odor etc) For this services I can charge from 20.00 usd ( besides the cost of the wash) to 250.00 usd each. You know It will depend about what the custmomer may need.
To wash a car here in Mexico is pretty cheaper than to wash it in USA.
My employees earn 90.00 - 100 usd per week ( each one)which is a good money for them and also other 30-50 usd from Tips.
My cost per regular wash is $1.29 usd per car and $2.00 per SUV.
We process 200.00 cars per day and a 25% of this amount will be above $20.00 usd because it will come from detailing.
Im planning to buy a small tunnel by the end of the year, Im just checking how one of my near competitors is doing, because he just bought and IBA one month ago and I need to check how people will accept this kind of wash here at Tehuacan ( the city I live in). So far i havent get any "cut " in my car average per day....since he open....But need to wait 3-6 months to check how that IBA will work.
Thanks guy for your welcome
Renato Rios