What's new

Heavy Duty 24VAC Relay

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

I have a 24vac relay that has a 110vac 15 amp load going though it (blower for pet vac). After a while it will start sticking and stay on. Have tried a few different brands, can any suggest one that would do the trick?

Much appreciated!

BigLeo

Randy

Reaction score
Years ago on the Monorail we used to have they used an ice cube relay to take the load off the timer. They?d stick closed after a short time. I replaced all the ice cube relays with 35 amp Mercury relays. Kleen-Rite has them #RLM24 $21.50. Never had another problem after I installed the Mercury relay.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've done the exact same thing, our vacs came with 30-amp ice cube relays, and they all failed and would stick on. I replaced one, and the brand new one stuck on the very first time I tested it, so I switched them all out to mercury relays. No problems since.

Randy

Reaction score
Since I installed the Mercury Relays on our vac?s I haven?t had to replace a vac timer. The Mercury relay takes the load off the timer and isolates the motors from the timer. Should a motor fail the timer will not be damaged. The only load on the vac timer is the coil on the relay, which is about nothing.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Just the info I needed! Thanks all!

BigLeo