What's new

Heated Extractor

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I just purchased this extractor, it should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. Review to come....

Anyone have any general tips for getting carpets clean? Michigan must be tough on carpets, that is the one thing that EVERY customer is requesting we do.

Durrmaid Extractor

Last edited:

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I know your talking detailing. At my self serve i have a carpet shampooer, which i believe only smears the dirt around. I brought this up a year ago that i would like to have a SS extractor for the customer. Many have said it would be worth $10 to be able to clean the carpets and the seats. The vac mfg were not to excited by my idea though, maybe i could roll one out for the customers to use. My wife bought one for home use , which we like, but no heated water, I googled it to see if they still sell it and this company came up.

http://www.labsafety.com/search/Minuteman/24530027/59643/?isredirect=true&type=brand

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
waxy tips

To me hot water is essential as it adds alot to cleaning power.

My tips are: thoroughly vacuum and pre-spray the carpets and fabric.

On really sandy areas I pound the carpets w/rubber mallet and vac.

For greasy/tar stains I use solvent.

for stubborn areas I use a stiff brush and agitate by hand then extract.

buy a decent stain lifter kit for blood, pet stains, marker and wine.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks! I have heard good things about this extractor. I have 6 or 7 interior jobs lined up that all need the carpets cleaned. I will take some before and after pics to see what we can come up with.

MEP001

Reaction score
There used to be a few manufacturers of self-serve extractors, but I haven't seen one advertised in many years. I would have to assume that between maintenance and abuse, the machines are low-profit. My cousin who owned many washes had some, but the tools were the same as you'd have on a rental machine, and they couldn't stand up to the beating that self-serve users would give them so they were broken more often than they were working. Another obvious problem is that the wash would have to be planned and built with an extractor in mind because of the plumbing needed for water supply and drain. I will say though that I'd use an extractor over a shampooer any day.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
After having so many problems with my JC shampooer, I decided to take it out. I have begun advertising that we will be offering a mat cleaning service for $10 that will include a vacuum and a hot water extraction. I never thought that people would want to make an appointment for a service like that, but I have 4 people that are lined up to have me clean just their mats on Saturday. I can't believe it, detailing rocks!!!!

soapy

Reaction score
I would probaly have gone with one that has a 3 stage vac motor instead of a 2 stage motor. 3 stage motor will generally get 140" of lift vs. the 102 on this machine. Higher lift means dryer interior. THe nice thing about the unit you got is that it is very portable. I think you could retrofit a 3 stage motor down the line and have a little better suction power.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree. I'd like a drier interior post extraction.

I know my next new unit will be a portable so I can take it home and do my carpets and sofa!