What's new

Heated CTA's

iwashcars

Reaction score
Is anyone using heated cta's specifically the Cobra ones. I am considering purchasing them but they are upwards of $4k and don't want to waste my money. The concept seems to make sense, hot usually cleans better than cold but I can't find anybody near me that is using them. We have no friction in our tunnel and it is difficult to get a clean wheel without the use of acid.
Thanks,
Paul

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thought I saw a post by Mr. Hoffman about one somewhere.

Can you just plumb hot water to it? Too much stagnant time causing temp loss?

Eric H

Reaction score
You could save yourself some money if you replace your current CTA pump with centrifuge pump and plumb in a return line from the cta to the mixing tank to create an open loop. The friction from the centrifuge will keep the water hot without using an auxiliary tank heater. I have a similar setup in my SS bays. hot water stays hot and cold water will heat up to about 80 degrees. The electricity that the pump uses should be less than the electricity that the Cobra units use. I use the jet pumps that Home Depot sells for about $250 and they last about 2 years. If you want to try setting up this system yourself you would not be out too much money if it didn't work the way you want.