What's new

Heat/Ice Melting Tape

UWash

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I'm a new member but have been following this site for a long time.

Question: Were is the best place to buy heat/ice melt tape. I have a problem at my wash with ice building up above my IBA auto door at the header area. I was thinking above wrapping some Ice melt tape like you would use on your roof and gutters on the wall where it is icing up. Any suggestions!!!!!

Thanks for the help, love the forums!!!!!!!

soapy

Reaction score
Most hardware stores will sell it in pre packaged lengths of 25 to 50 feet already made up. If you need better quality and custom lengths go to your local electrical supply house. Most sell it off of rolls and will cut it to length. You then buy the ends and put it together yourself. I like to use Raytheon winter guard wet heat cable. It has extra layer of sheilding so it is much tougher. It is self regualting for heat and puts out about 6 watts of heat per foot. I have used it to heat my troughs and have never had a failure with it.

captain cw

Reaction score
soapy,

Have you ever had a problem with heat tape melting poly tubes in the trough?

soapy

Reaction score
Never had any problem melting anything with the heat tape. I only use the Raytheon self regulating type.

UWash

Reaction score
I've never had any problem with Heat tape melting things either!!!!!

I though I saw a post on this site for an online place to purchase heat tape at a reasonable cost. Anybody remember seeing it please let me know.

Thanks