What's new

health insurance

bmattivi

Reaction score
since many of us are owner operators, health insurance can be a real expense since we are a company of only one or two employees sometime doe s anyone have good group health insurance that waives pre-existing conditions cause i have some

Reds

Reaction score
I believe most will not accept someone with pre existing conditions unless you currently have coverage and are just switching companies. They want to stop people from waiting to buy insurance until they have a problem. I have switched companies 3 or 4 times over the last 15 years and each time they accepted me even though I have pre existing conditions resulting from radiation treatments. I know that NYS makes them accept you with pre existing conditions if you are currently insured. I also remember some of the ins. companies that we looked at would not cover a pre existing condition until you were on the policy for 1 year. Good luck.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
In WA if you have insurance and are just switching companies, they have to accept you as is.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Depending on how often you go to the doctor you may want to consider a high deductible health savings plan. The deductible is $3k but the contribution to your hsa is deductible and you pay what the insurance company pays. You can use the hsa to pay for anything medically related, including the dentist or even Advil at the store. After $3k the insurance pays 100%. We don't go to the dr. much and the hsa works nicely for my wife and I.