What's new

Heads up Tampa bay Florida

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
My wash has been robbed twice in 2 months same dudes same mo. Come in early am first time they drilled out 5 of my bay door medeco locks stole cash from mars.They came back 2 nights ago and hit my bay coin vaults. Coin vaults were really easy for them. No drills no saws scary!

Both times they were in and out in under 8 mins

Randy

Reaction score
That really sucks!!! What have you done to beef up security? We DON’T use bill validators anymore for that very reason, they are a target for the thieves and are ridiculously easy to get into. We’ve gone to Tokens and pull the coins every day, we never leave any money in the bays overnight. Our credit card sales account now for the majority of our sales, over 60%. Have you given any thoughts on going to Tokens and Credit/debit cards? Last year I had the police at my wash 32 times, this I’m trying to pass that record. We are right on the fence of whether or not to sell out.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
That really sucks!!! What have you done to beef up security? We DON’T use bill validators anymore for that very reason, they are a target for the thieves and are ridiculously easy to get into. We’ve gone to Tokens and pull the coins every day, we never leave any money in the bays overnight. Our credit card sales account now for the majority of our sales, over 60%. Have you given any thoughts on going to Tokens and Credit/debit cards? Last year I had the police at my wash 32 times, this I’m trying to pass that record. We are right on the fence of whether or not to sell out.
Wow 32 times ! Ouch

Yea strange thing is I'm doing 90% cryptopay on all vacs, ss bays and iba. I converted 2 of my ac 2001 to $1 tokens like 5 years ago. So they aren't getting much. I do accept quarters in all coin acceptors which may stop very soon. I guess the squeeze is worth the juice for these dudes. I spoke with medeco about the t handles they said that's all they've got for security.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
Randy, this is a damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation. Calling the cops seems to have mixed reactions. In Miami it's a waste of time. The down side is that when you go to sell the place, a buyer can do a simple search and find that the place is very high crime. Wish I had a good answer on this. I had a similar deal, and started staking out the place at night. There's a nice warm feeling sitting at your business with a .357 with hollow points.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I've been thinking if I could build a high impact/high decibel switch inside the coin box door with a high pitch alarm that would trigger an electrical charge to the box, discharge smoke/fog with cayenne pepper and have a bright LED strobe light above the box that would turn on.
So when someone tried to break into the box by pounding, using high impact not their fist, or drill into the box it would trigger an electrical charge, fog and strobe light for a certain amount of time and then reactivate.
Randy it sounds like something right up your alley.
Mac at least you could sleep at home.

water guy

Reaction score
Any pics of the equipment that good robbed . Sorry to hear

Etowah