What's new

Head light restore/Windshield fix

Etowah

tw1012

Reaction score
Who makes the best Head light restoration kit? Is it a hard service to perform?

My manager quit and with him took his windshield chip repair equipment with him. Is this a hard trade to learn? What is the best way to go about learning how to do this and what equipment to buy?

thanks,

Trevor

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
This is one of those questions where if you ask 3 people, you'll get 4 answers but i'll give it a go. As far as headlight repair goes it's a fairly simple thing to do. Don't fall for the wipe on wipe off stuff you see. It will never work. At the present time I use a metabo dual action sander with a 3 inch pad and sand paper. I use 400, 600, 1000, and 2000 grit paper. You can polish the light after sanding with compound and a small foam or wool pad if desired. I quit polishing because I was having problems with my clear coming off. At the present time I use the Dvelup clear wipe for the protection.

With windshield repair it is a little more of a learning curve than headlights. Most of the people selling the professional kits will provide training with purchase of the kit. You can learn without training, but if possible I would do the training. Lots of little things that come up and tips and tricks you can pick up on. I use Delta Kits and several of my friends use Liquid Resins. I like Delta and haven't had any problems with the equipment. They also sell headlight repair supplies. Sorry for such a long post but hope this helps.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I sand headlights with 1000 grit wetordry and polish with heavy cut compound, a 3" wool cutting pad on an air polisher, then finish by burnishing wax in with a 3" foam pad on the air polisher.