What's new

Have you purchased a used IBA? How did it go?

Strava

Reaction score
Was it worth it and would you do it again?

traveler17

Reaction score
I have done it twice but only at the lower volume site. Luckily it was worth it but I think I’ve been fortunate not having any major issues w these machines. Obviously it’s a crap shoot unless you know the person selling. I just can’t get past dumping 100k plus into this particular site. Funny you brought this up because I’ve been having more issues w this machine than the previous and fighting this exact issue again. Dual in bays at the busy site and wouldn’t put used in there. Numbers are my determining factor

washnshine

Reaction score
I have not, but I know of another Wash owner that did and it worked out well for him. The machine was well maintained and he had the opportunity to see it in operation before it was removed and he bought it. He did have a professional installation and got a lot of life out of the machine.

I would imagine being able to see the machine in operation and having the maintenance history is huge. Certainly not exactly the same, but has some similarities to buying a pre owned car - your experience could go either way.

washnshine

Reaction score
I have done it twice but only at the lower volume site. Luckily it was worth it but I think I’ve been fortunate not having any major issues w these machines. Obviously it’s a crap shoot unless you know the person selling. I just can’t get past dumping 100k plus into this particular site. Funny you brought this up because I’ve been having more issues w this machine than the previous and fighting this exact issue again. Dual in bays at the busy site and wouldn’t put used in there. Numbers are my determining factor
Can you move one of your own machines from your dual IBA site to your slower site and then get a new machine for the busy site? If you’re going to get used, you might as well get it from yourself.

traveler17

Reaction score
Can you move one of your own machines from your dual IBA site to your slower site and then get a new machine for the busy site? If you’re going to get used, you might as well get it from yourself.
That’s what I’ve been thinking of doing. My only hesitation is that it’s a mark vii combo wash and the slower site is unmanned and rural. Thinking about damage claims from the friction wash.