What's new

have you been strung lately (Sept '12)

waright

Reaction score
we had a carwash get strung here in north central iowa early sept. I called some customers around the area and found out that several others had been strung the same night.
my local police dept has been investigating for 3 weeks and I'm glad to say they were able to piece together enough evidence to get an arrest warrant issued. It was incredible diligence by the officer to make the connection. I wish i could tell you how the officer made the connection, but i don't want to teach any other criminals how not to get caught. If you want details, and your a regular forum member that i recognize, pm me. The thief only got a couple hundred from our wash, but he got much more from another wash here in iowa.

the thief is from middletown, ohio and I,m not sure if he has been picked up yet. We are looking for other midwest carwashes that were strung recently. Video may show a white van, and i believe the suspect is white. There may have been an accomplice. We're located 8 hrs from middletown, ohio, so there may be a lot of connected burglaries between.

waright

Reaction score
no on the mars or coinco validators. It wasn't just stringing, it was a professional that was able to "compromise" the autocashier without breaking in.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What do you mean "It wasn't just stringing"? Was he using a combination of techniques on your ACW? Were you actually strung or was it one of the other commonly known techniques like harness, controller, or switch tampering?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
If you don't have one -put a gfi on your acw. Helps
with alot of problems

HCW

Reaction score
Our car wash got strung a week ago here in the Midwest. We have a Hamilton and a mars, of course he went straight to the Hamilton and cleaned it out. We have 16 surveillance cameras on the lot so we turned a copy to our local PD. he is an older white male white hair and his partner is an older white female, they drove a mid 90's burgundy lumina that is missing front hub caps. They covered their licence plate as they drove off.I have video if any one likes to see it.