What's new

Have some extra space - considering rug washer, ATM, soda machine, or air machine.

D3Dubs

Reaction score
I have some real estate that could fit another one or two ancillary revenue machines. Our 4 vacuums do great so was considering another vac but have been considering some other things. Heard good feedback on a stand alone rug washing/shampooing station.

Was also considering some equipment not specific to a car wash. Location is about an acre, 2 in-bay automatics. Have 4 vacs, 1 vac/tire shine, and a vending machine with the basics.

Has anyone seen good luck with soda machines, air machines (for tires) or ATM's? Have a buddy in a different industry that gets decent money having an ATM on his retail property.

Trying for the most bang for buck with limited space.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Demand varies with Demographics. Shampoo and spray air freshener is a natural as is Tire inflation. Best thing about tire inflation - Like vacs - no inventory. ATM useage will vary widely versus how many ATMs around at nearby banks and convenience stores.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Maybe a pay phone!

But seriously, cash use in the USA is declining at a rate of 6-8% a year. As of 2015 it only represented 32% in transactional use. My wash is less than 20%. Something to consider.

D3Dubs

Reaction score
Maybe a pay phone!

But seriously, cash use in the USA is declining at a rate of 6-8% a year. As of 2015 it only represented 32% in transactional use. My wash is less than 20%. Something to consider.
LOL, good point about the ATM.

Reaction score
I have had pretty good luck with a soda machine although it is kind of a pain to keep it stocked.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you buy a soda machine and stock it yourself it's not bad money, but it's still like vending, a lot of work for very little payoff (plus there's a utility cost, and they aren't very energy efficient). You might consider a refrigerated glass-front machine so you can have many different vending supplies as well as some snacks and sodas. At least you'll only be stocking one machine. I've been told you can make a couple grand a month from one.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I will weigh in on having a rugbeater. I 've had to do a lot of demo's with this machine since 2004.People like it that are regulars but it makes very little money.At one time I figured an amortization of 17 years the first year I had it. My ss is attended so the opportunity to demo was there.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I'm installing water dispenser this spring,our food stores here people have to walk the entire length of store to fill jugs. I saw one in use in a town half my size and the income it generated was way better than a stinky dog wash on site that the owner was taking out.

chaz

Reaction score
Air for sure. Making money selling air! I actually ran an air line from my main compressor to a vac best to my building. Solenoid and a toggle switch at the vac. Customers can switch between vac and air. Very cheap to install

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
you can sell ice, depending where you are that is. we are considering it, but we are in a resort town on a lake.