What's new

have not seen this before

briteauto

Reaction score
I was out of town a few days ago and saw a ss wash with something I had not seen before. The foam brush was on a high pressure line. It was similar to a wand, when the trigger is not squeezed it was medium pressure, and it was full hp when the trigger was squeezed. The output was basically hp soap, only out of the brush. It must have had some type of nozzle recessed back in the bristles because it came out in a full "v" pattern. My foam brushes have three holes for the foam output and would not produce a "v" pattern if attached to a hp line.

Also, the tire cleaner had a dedicated line which was attahced to a small, stiff bristled round brush. This was the usual low pressure.

Is this something some manufacturers do, or do you think the operator plumbed it on their own?

It was intriguing. I guess you would have more water usage, but perhaps could save some chemical costs - maybe? Also eliminate one low pressure station - if that were a goal for some reason.

Anyone seen this?

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
"All that is Old is New again"

It's interesting how that expression ("all that is old is new again") finds ever recurring applications in SS carwashing. Here are a couple ol' HP brushes that I came across back in the day --- mid '80's.

I believe the Power Brush was invented in Chicago by the same guy who invented the Laser Wash.

The SOB was also concocted in Chicago. The inventor was an operator who had a SS in a rather ruff 'n tumble part of South Chicago. You'll note the "action" on the SOB was inspired by a pump shotgun ... something that operator may have kept handy in his, uh, pump room.

JJJ/SSCWN

Attachments

Turbo

Reaction score
What is the downside of the Sprayand Brush? Seems like a good idea. Two things I can think of are purge time and weight. The upside is simplicity, less tangles, etc.

What am I missing? Or are purge time and weight enough?

MEP001

Reaction score
I can see operation costs being a downside - foam brush soap is a great deal cheaper to deliver to the bay than hot, soapy, high-pressure water.

briteauto

Reaction score
I believe the Power Brush was invented in Chicago by the same guy who invented the Laser Wash.

JJJ/SSCWN

Yes - that is it. It looked like the power brush - the one the guy is using in the picture. You'd probably have to post a sign to remind people not to have the full pressure engaged when using the brush - it would only be inches from the paint.

I guess anyone who needed that type of sign wouldn't read it.

I think MEP001 is right - take all the foam brush time and convert it to hp soap time and your costs would rise.

Interesting idea.