What's new
Car Wash Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone tried vanilla kote?

washnshine

Well-known member
I’m looking at this product by Warsaw for my ss. I like the fact that it can be high or low pressure, has a vanilla scent (everything else I have is fruit) and it has a creamy appearance so customers will know to rinse it. I plan to use it as the hp wax option in my bays. Anyone have any experience with it?

 
Unless it has been reformulated vanilakote has been around forever. I think I used it back in the 90's It does have MSO in it. I changed to other products, can't remember why but likely because I prefer the more fruity scents. At that time Warsaw had one called berry dry and another called weathershield drying agent that both worked well under high pressure. I know a guy that is a Warsaw distributor, I will text him today and get his input.
 
Unless it has been reformulated vanilakote has been around forever. I think I used it back in the 90's It does have MSO in it. I changed to other products, can't remember why but likely because I prefer the more fruity scents. At that time Warsaw had one called berry dry and another called weathershield drying agent that both worked well under high pressure. I know a guy that is a Warsaw distributor, I will text him today and get his input.
I’d appreciate that. Thanks Greg.
 
Unless it has been reformulated vanilakote has been around forever. I think I used it back in the 90's It does have MSO in it. I changed to other products, can't remember why but likely because I prefer the more fruity scents. At that time Warsaw had one called berry dry and another called weathershield drying agent that both worked well under high pressure. I know a guy that is a Warsaw distributor, I will text him today and get his input.
I can't remember why you and others do not like products with MSO in them. It's hard to find a drying agent that doesn't have that. Ver-Tech has a new one that we tried and it didn't work for us but one that has MSO in it works great.
 
I can't remember why you and others do not like products with MSO in them. It's hard to find a drying agent that doesn't have that. Ver-Tech has a new one that we tried and it didn't work for us but one that has MSO in it works great.
I agree - I used to avoid them. I think there was a time when they created smeary glass and windows / especially during rain storms when wipers were used. A Qual Chem rep once explained to me that there are different grades of MSO - lower - mid - higher quality. Obviously the better quality is preferred and used by the better quality companies. There was a time when car wash waxes were basically kerosene. Not good.

I gravitated to simoniz hot wax and shine when it came out and then Simoniz ceramic sealant. They both bead water like crazy and don’t use any mso. Then Simoniz came out with Carbonite (graphene)- the latest generation of super sealer and it has MSO in it!
I started checking the msd sheets of other companies and noticed that most of the rain x, ceramic and graphene products - basically the super sealers from very good companies all have some MSO in them. Not just the cheaper drying agents, but the stuff that added $4 or $5 to a wash package.

So seeing that MSO is used in high end products by high end companies tells me that it is probably the grade of MSO, coupled with the amount of MSO as well as the other ingredients in the product that make it ok or not. You have to consider the totality of the chemical package and the synergy of the ingredients.

One other thing - I used to see products advertise as “reclaim friendly - no MSO”. I since have seen many advertised as reclaim friendly - but they still have MSO in them! One is actually the Vanilla Kote I was inquiring about. So again, I think a lot more needs to be considered than I used to think.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top