What's new

Has anyone ever regretted Cryptopay

Noob

Reaction score
When I asked crypto for their CC rates this is what I was sent. Can someone help me make sense of this. I keep getting sketchy answers from them and no straightforward answers. For example which Visa bracket would I fall under? Small ticket or retail? If a transaction is for example $3 are the rates and fees the same % wise as they would be for a $5?

Attachments

KleanRide

Reaction score
I couldn't make much sense of those fee schedules, either, so decided to take the leap.

I've now got crypto on all vacs and bays. Vacs are $1.00 to start, counting up with auto shutoff at $10. Bays are $1.50 to start, counting up, shutting off at $15. After 10 months my all-in merchant fees from Crypto/Worldpay are averaging 5.06%

In my opinion that's a small price to pay for the bump in traffic and gross sales that I've gotten since Crypto was installed.

Hope that helps.

Noob

Reaction score
KR, how much time are you giving for 1.50?

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I look at the WorldPay monthly statements. There are so many categories of charges, fees, etc. that I have chosen not to even try to figure it out. Many with miniscule percentages. All sorts of tiny fingers in the pot. So I no longer look at it.

What I do look at is my fee total compared to gross collected. It's been under 6% and I am guessing my volume is lower than most others. Both for being a small wash in a small town, and fairly new swiper installations.

Noob

Reaction score
I can live with 5 or 6%. I read on a forum from last year that some poor guy was paying 17%. At 17% I wouldn't even consider it.

KleanRide

Reaction score
KR, how much time are you giving for 1.50?
I’m set to count up so there’s no preset time, just the $15.00 max stop point. They’ll wash longer and spend more when there’s no timer beeping at them.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Im at 4% all in fees. I have my cash at $2.00 and cc at $4.00. For cash i give 3.45 for cc they get 7.30 time. People love the fact they can swipe a card. I have to be on count down cause i have gs400 timers but in 18 years i have had 4 chargebacks. My average ticket is $6.97

Twodose

Reaction score
I like cryptopay, but the worldpay processor they use on the other hand is a nightmare to deal with. If you ever have to call them be prepared to spend a week trying to get anything resolved. I have other areas I would like to install cryptopay but I am kind of waiting to see what their next generation of credit card readers brings. Swipe readers are getting to be a thing of the past. I heard a rumor they are working on tap for the future.
With tap you will have to add another reader in addition to the scanner.

ShineShed

Reaction score
Has anyone every regretted adding crypto? Just some background, I’m in a very rural part of TN. My start price is $1 for 2:40. I’m thinking I would have to make the start price for CC $3 in order to make it work? Are the swipes pretty durable?
I have crypto on all my ss bays and my auto bay, did the cryptopay retrofit kit on my acw5 paystation works great. They are durable i havent had any issues with mine over a year old. My revenue is about 60% cc sales. I have new vacs with bill acceptors so i didnt put cryptopay swipers on them didnt think $400 for each swiper was worth $1 to start vacs. My ss bays are $3 cash to start for 3min24sec and $5 min cc charge for 5min40sec. No complaints from customers. Theres no limit that i know of on my swipers ive had guys spend over $30 in one wash, mine are setup to count up $1 charge for each push of the button after their initial $5 charge to start. One thing some customers have recently called me about is pre authorized charges to their card for $10 on my automatic even when they opt for an $8 wash but they get the $2 refund within a day. Hope this helps

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have crypto on all my ss bays and my auto bay, did the cryptopay retrofit kit on my acw5 paystation works great. They are durable i havent had any issues with mine over a year old. My revenue is about 60% cc sales. I have new vacs with bill acceptors so i didnt put cryptopay swipers on them didnt think $400 for each swiper was worth $1 to start vacs. My ss bays are $3 cash to start for 3min24sec and $5 min cc charge for 5min40sec. No complaints from customers. Theres no limit that i know of on my swipers ive had guys spend over $30 in one wash, mine are setup to count up $1 charge for each push of the button after their initial $5 charge to start. One thing some customers have recently called me about is pre authorized charges to their card for $10 on my automatic even when they opt for an $8 wash but they get the $2 refund within a day. Hope this helps
You have to go into your cryptopay merchant account and re-configure the swiper settings if you want a different min / max charge. I was $10 max per swipe on my wand bays. I just raised max to $15. When I looked at the sales today I noticed a bunch of charges over $10. One was $30!

Jerry33

Reaction score
I look at the WorldPay monthly statements. There are so many categories of charges, fees, etc. that I have chosen not to even try to figure it out. Many with miniscule percentages. All sorts of tiny fingers in the pot. So I no longer look at it.

What I do look at is my fee total compared to gross collected. It's been under 6% and I am guessing my volume is lower than most others. Both for being a small wash in a small town, and fairly new swiper installations.
I'm in my second month with Crypto and Worldpay and everything seems to be working ok. However, I cannot figure out how to get my first monthly statement. I've watched videos and read all their help stuff. I can get to the home page and lots of info from the choices on left side of he screen. I can find daily totals and all kinds of info but not a monthly statement that show how much Worldpay charged me for their services. I did compare Crypto's monthly total to Worldpay's deposits to my bank account and assumed the difference was their services but I'm suspicious since it was about 2.6%. So can someone tell me how to get a monthly statement? thanks. jdf

MEP001

Reaction score
They send the statement via mail to your wash. If you can't receive mail there, you won't get one.

traveler17

Reaction score
Some of you may know this already but there is an app for worldpay, finally. It is called "IQ NOW". It actually works fairly well. I can now refund a customer with a touch of a button and view monthly statements easily.
did not know. Thank you for posting !!

Rainway

Reaction score
Some of you may know this already but there is an app for worldpay, finally. It is called "IQ NOW". It actually works fairly well. I can now refund a customer with a touch of a button and view monthly statements easily.
Thanks. I downloaded, it seems to show authorizations ($10 each) rather than actual amount settled (lower usually - they’re on my vacuums).

sparkey

Reaction score
I have pretty much given up on ever logging into the IQ website again. They lock you out constantly and it takes hours on the phone to gain access again.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have pretty much given up on ever logging into the IQ website again. They lock you out constantly and it takes hours on the phone to gain access again.
I thought it was just me. I have two Worldpay accounts, one for a site with Cryptopay and one for a Laserwash. I have been locked out of the Cryptopay account for months.