What's new

Happy Birthday USMC

mac

Reaction score
Today marks the 244th anniversary of my fellow Marines. Not only are they the oldest branch of our military, but they were founded in a bar, the Tun Tavern. I’ll be tipping one or two for them. Sempre Fidelis.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Mac & others,

A representative from the Marines gave a presentation at one of our local Chamber of Commerce lunch n learns at University of Mary Partnership Events. The person spoke of lifelong values that the Marines are taught. I shared my personal experience where two Marines voluntarily pulled a crazed oversized biker off of me who came across from the biker bar across the street from my laundry car wash dog wash ... the nutcase completely tore the shirt right off my back with his process. These kinds of incidents can happen to anyone where the police often fall short but some great people including former Marines can fill the void!

I remember spending some time in person with Sempre Fidelis Mike Vukelich (may God rest his soul) while I was in Houston, Texas at his SS Car Wash on "down the street" from the NASA Facility. His moral character could not be helped but noticed by me.

My main long term managerial help >25 years) is an Air Force Veteran & today he is full time helping with our annual local Elks Dinner honoring Veterans relating to Veterans Day Week.

mac

Reaction score
They install a sense of values that will help you all through life.