What's new

Handy Tool For Carwash

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Changing it up a bit for today....I haven't found a more handy tool for the CW and thought I'd share....I made (2) of these flashlights a few years ago from 12-18v LED Off Road LED flood lights I found on Ebay. About $10 each....Most name brand Lithium Power tools have "Hobby Adapters" available for their batteries for about $7-8.00 each....Lit Toggle Switches are cheap....I get over 3 hours continuous run time out of a 6ah battery. Perfect for hands free working on a coin box, pump stand, in the attic, working on a car, etc. Hinged for the perfect angle. Sits where you put it! Who doesn't own several batteries for their favorite power tools? I haven't ever owned a flashlight that is as good as this.

MEP001

Reaction score
Charge Station....
When's the last time you used an extension cord? :D

I had a WalMart rechargeable "trouble light" that was pretty good, but I left it sitting on a vac island and they don't make it anymore, so I got a couple of these:

WalMart HyperTough 1200 Lumen LED Portable Rechargeable Light Model 9977

They're pretty bright and last at least a couple hours on the low setting. I like that I can recharge them from any USB, and you can flip the cable around and use it as a power bank.

I didn't know there was a "hobby adapter" for cordless tool batteries - I may have to build something like this myself. It's been more than once I was called to work on a wash with no working lights in the room.

Randy

Reaction score
WOW 2Biz what a great idea. My batteries are EGO 56 volt, I might have a hard time finding a LED light will take that voltage. I'm going to order a "Hobby Adapter" and play around with it. Some one left me a complete 18 volt Milwaukee cordless tool kit a few months ago. I've been waiting for them to come back and claim it but no one has asked about it. I hang on to things like that for 90 days before I claim it. I'm going to order a "Hobby Adapter" for those batteries. Great idea.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
When's the last time you used an extension cord? :D

I had a WalMart rechargeable "trouble light" that was pretty good, but I left it sitting on a vac island and they don't make it anymore, so I got a couple of these:

They're pretty bright and last at least a couple hours on the low setting. I like that I can recharge them from any USB, and you can flip the cable around and use it as a power bank.

I didn't know there was a "hobby adapter" for cordless tool batteries - I may have to build something like this myself. It's been more than once I was called to work on a wash with no working lights in the room.
I've had LED rechargeable lights like this in the past, but kept getting burned by them either not lasting long enough, or never charged when I need them...Its much easier to just pop in a new battery when one drops below useful limit....As you can see, I have a few spares!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I wondered where I left those!
If they would have been Makita, I would have staked the claim!

I really like my Makita line up and 80v Kobalt Weed eater! Yea, no more extension cords or gas-powered weed eaters for me!!

When my wifes HF 40v Lynx leaf blower battery fails, its getting retrofitted with (2) Makita Hobby adapters wired in series! LOL....

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
WOW 2Biz what a great idea. My batteries are EGO 56 volt,
Like my E Gos. Have the Blower,, Hedge trimmer and 2 stage Snow Blower. Have a similar charging station with the power strip on a timer set for 1 hour a day.

Strava

Reaction score
I'm jelly of you guys that actually have space in your pump room.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had LED rechargeable lights like this in the past, but kept getting burned by them either not lasting long enough, or never charged when I need them...Its much easier to just pop in a new battery when one drops below useful limit....As you can see, I have a few spares!
That's why I got two of those lights, and I try to remember to charge one at least once a week. It's been a long time since I've needed a light that will run for hours, so the hobby adapter thing would be more of a novelty for me. I also have a Ridgid flashlight that uses my batteries, and it'll run 12 hours on a fully charged 2 AH battery. I have a dual head halogen light stand that was bought for a project and never even got used - I think I'll convert it to 12V LEDs and mount a couple of the adapters to it.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I'm jelly of you guys that actually have space in your pump room.
The charge station is at home in my garage. No way do I have any room for something like that in my ER either! You are not alone!

Randy

Reaction score
Like my E Gos. Have the Blower,, Hedge trimmer and 2 stage Snow Blower. Have a similar charging station with the power strip on a timer set for 1 hour a day.
I have an EGO Hedge trimmer, best hedge trimmer I’ve ever owned, a line trimmer and a blower. I use the blower at the car wash and has just enough charge in it to do what I need to do at the car wash. I had a Sthil BG-56 blower at the car wash and the motor went south on it. I bought a new short block and carburetor for it but haven’t put any gas in it, it’s easier to use the EGO blower, no messing with gas etc. It’s easier to put the battery in the charger and be done with it.

MEP001

Reaction score
These turned out to be junk, which I should have expected for a WalMart item. Most of the time they don't recharge and indicate they're fully charged with a green light, but instead act like they're always charging, and after a couple uses they both now last about 15 minutes at best on a full charge (when I can get them to charge properly).

Do you have a source for these? I'm not having any luck with Google. Everything is an adaptor to use a battery with a different brand tool.

soapy

Reaction score
I have a friend who sells NEBO flashlights. They make a several great rechargeable lights. I keep several at the washes. I even have a 12,000 lumen flash light that will light the night sky or several acres.

Randy

Reaction score
I have a friend who sells NEBO flashlights. They make a several great rechargeable lights. I keep several at the washes. I even have a 12,000 lumen flash light that will light the night sky or several acres.
NEBO lights are really nice lights, well built. I got a “NEBO OMNI 2K Work Light: 2000 Lumen OMNI-Directional Portable Work light Flashlight Features a USB power bank” at a Boys Club auction a couple of months ago. It works great. I see they are on Amazon for $34.88.