What's new

Handgun Giveaway

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
RykoPro said:
Why not a prize that has to do with cars or washing?
I read the entire thread and understand exactly why he's offering what he is.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I was raised by hunters and was trained how to properly handle a gun when i was very young. I guess if you want to only surround your self and do business with only like minded people then alienate everyone you disagree with, that is your choice.
“Politics is the shadow cast on society by big business.”—John Dewey

Red Baron

Reaction score
I was raised by hunters and was trained how to properly handle a gun when i was very young. I guess if you want to only surround your self and do business with only like minded people then alienate everyone you disagree with, that is your choice.
“Politics is the shadow cast on society by big business.”—John Dewey
For 5 years I've been trying to "alienate" the people I disagree with at the car wash, and the dang people just keep coming back and doing their stupidity in spite of my best efforts. :)

"Politics" has become a dirty word. I don't see our Constitution and its amendments as just politics. Rather, I see it as the Operator's Manual on how to maintain a free market system. We as businessmen and woman should have an interest in seeing to it that all its bits & pieces are maintained. It may be guns they come after this time, and that doesn't interest you, but what do they come after next that you won't like? It's like the neighbor kid who sneaks into your garage to steal an old hammer, and you don't care because you really don't need it. Next time maybe he takes your Dewalt 18v drill.

They came after the Jews,
but I was not a Jew, so I did not object.
Then they came after the Catholics,
but I was not a Catholic, so I did not object.

Then they came after the guns,
but I was not a gun owner, so I did not object.

Then they came after me,
and there was no one left to object.

---Martin Niemoller (1892-1984), a Protestant pastor in Germany, imprisoned in Dachau and Sachsenhausen concentration camps [edited to suit my needs]

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Personally I'd love to win that gun- Sigs are great, but I would want to avoid the hassle & paperwork. I don't like filling out those 4473 forms when I purchase. It someday could lead to a knock on my door that I don't want. Plus many of my female customers would not be that excited about winning a Sig. I bet a big LCD TV would excite everyone, an iphone, netbook, or even just $500.00 cash.

Good idea I may think about giving away a few carwashes away on each roll of receipt paper.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Personally I'd love to win that gun- Sigs are great, but I would want to avoid the hassle & paperwork. I don't like filling out those 4473 forms when I purchase. It someday could lead to a knock on my door that I don't want. Plus many of my female customers would not be that excited about winning a Sig. I bet a big LCD TV would excite everyone, an iphone, netbook, or even just $500.00 cash.

Good idea I may think about giving away a few carwashes away on each roll of receipt paper.
My Sig P239 Tactical is a great gun but a little biggish for CCW. Thinking about an XD compact 9mm. I have an XD 9mm standard size and I actually prefer it to the Sig coz the signle-stack Sig just hold 8 rounds. Seems like I spend most of my time at the range reloading magazines on the Sig.